Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General Smack talk R/C

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by pony klr
ya well tc guys need 6 cells and a 5 turn to get those pieces of shit to move!
Kinda like racing a 65 Chevy Impala.... TC's should have stayed on the parking lots and pan cars on the race track... Just like the real world...
Old 02-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Legend

Sedan`s are just a fad.....

Just like da pans...
Old 02-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Wild Cherry
Sedan`s are just a fad.....

Just like da pans...
Every form of RC's is a fad.... Look in the for sale section here, how many "getting out of RC" posts are there???

The newbies all want the fastest nitro car or biggest MT and then find out the hard way how much of a pain nitro cars are and give up...
Old 02-07-2005, 05:15 AM
Suspended

Donnie, Derek:

Send me a PM with your addresses, so that I can send you some more Smooth decals. I found a big stack of black and white ones recently.

Sorry, the neon pink ones are all mine.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

We are running 1/12 carpet here in Ct, and its slowly getting more popular, sure the class is boring, but so is touring car, anything is compared to outdoor off-road. But we keep the class stock so it stays more competitive and cheaper. we run on a small indoor carpet track and the smaller 1/12th cars just have a faster driving line, and its 8 minutes. Most of our racers are Nitro racers during the dry and warm months, and they are used to longer race times and more wide open tracks. Since i've been running carpet, i can't beleive pan cars died out and touring cars got popular. But as long as both the tourers and the pan car guys both hate 1/18 mini-t's and rc18t's, then i guess everything is alright!!
Old 02-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I read all the talk about pan cars and decided to put a couple cents in:

My name is BJ Williams. I am the brainchild behind the US Pan Car Championships (not the pan car nationals as Boomer eluded to) May 13-15 in San Antonio TX. The reason I decided to put this event together (with the help of input from guys like Boomer and MarkA in the Pro10 thread here on RCTech, which btw has almost 9000 posts) is the fact to bring together all these different pockets of 10th scale pan car racers that are scattered across the country and get together for some good old fashioned racing. I will admit that I currently own an RC10L and a RC10TC3. I would like to say that my 10L is closer to being RTR than the TC3. Anyway, I have a lot of racers from across the state of Texas (last check like 10-15) that will be going to that race, as well as 3 or 4 from Germany, and the few guys from CA. This race is in its first year so I am expecting a fairly small turnout (although with the race drawing closer it might be slightly more than expected) but 10th scale pan cars may not be run at the worlds anymore, but that doesnt necessarily mean that they don't exist. With places like SoCal drawing anywhere from 10-15 racers (with almost 20 one weekend) for a "dead" class, drawing 15 racers at the 2004 ROAR Nationals, as well as Tower Hobbies having a gard time keeping the 10L2 and a few others in stock, I am seeing pan cars on the way back up. Now I don't think they will be back at where they were in their heyday, but Im sure that more people will see the ease with which these cars can be run and maye the US Pan Car Championships will be a highlight of people's racing year before too long.

And...I'm...out.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

If pan cars are so dead then why is 1/12th becoming so popular again???
Old 02-27-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

whoa...what happened here? This thread turned into a ghost town
Old 02-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

I pop in here now and then.... If I can't argue about something it's no use posting... I really need to get out of the house more often....

On a better not... We've gotten another guy locally to dust off his 10L and bring it out...
Old 03-01-2005, 05:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Who???

I sold my 10L like 10 years ago. I'm not getting another one. I have too many cars as it is, and I still want an 1/8 scale.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

So far it's Me, Walter and this other guy Dave.... I'm sure there are more out there, we just need to start running them more....

How can you have too many cars???

Jim, isn't there a guy out at SSH trying to get more out there into running pan cars again? I think he went by speedytc3 here, have't seem him around the forums in months...

I'll be at Willis on saturday, are you racing SSH on sunday??? I can't race because it's my ex wife's birthday and I need to get my son to her at like 10AM so the times are just conflicting....
Old 03-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by trackdesigner71
whoa...what happened here? This thread turned into a ghost town
I haven't been around for anyone to argue with. I have these internet trolls that follow the old Orange around to see what kind of hate and discontent he is stirring up.

Funny thing is that is true, right George (W.C.)? LOL.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Tech Legend

how bout agrueing the sum for....

(Orange) Mc2 + 3700 miliamps
(Days the latest Rev-Up is late) (Roar Election results)

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 03-02-2005 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

See, George follows me around. I must have entertaining reading to him. He posts right after my posts everywhere.

I can prove it to. Just look at my history and go to threads that I have posted in and you will see the W.C. right after almost all of my posts. He even uses my sn in equations.

(Except I think I must bore him in the "Phoenix Racers" thread)

Pretty funny stuff.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Wild Cherry
(Days the latest Rev-Up is late)
Hey George - funny that you mention this... when is the RevUp due in your estimation? Do you know the deadline dates for material submission? Do you know the deadline dates for publication and mailing from the publisher? Wierd... I don't even know what DATE the RevUp is due in my mailbox.....

but, hey, don't want to take away anything for you to gripe about... you seem to know all and I'm just the young paduan.

oh, also wondering, isn't this something that should follow along the lines of the Complaint Thread? Or, is this General Smack talk thread serving that purpose as well? I can close the other if you guys think that's best... ?????

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 03-02-2005 at 08:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.