Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > ROAR Racing
Electric Off-Road Committee Ideas/Questions >

Electric Off-Road Committee Ideas/Questions

Electric Off-Road Committee Ideas/Questions

Old 01-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The only thing I really know about either of you is that Homer's track was not awarded a national event this year and Homer's line of questioning leads me to believe that Homer is bitter about this. It seems to me that Orange has tried to lead this questioning into the things that go into considering one track over another but Homer seems to be trying to trap Orange into giving reason why Homer's track wasn't awarded the bid.

My read from this is that Orange is saying there are many things considered into Nationals bids and it will probably never come down to straight up who has been a member of ROAR longer.

I could be totally wrong here but that is my take as an outsider looking in.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Homer Allman
Is there someone who's responsible to research lodging, locations, airports, etc. or is the committee left to guess?

And if you could please, stop making references to 'loaded' questions, as these are legitimate questions that deserve legitimate answers for the betterment of ROAR and racing.
yes, the region director and the host track should have placed that info in the bid for review by the committee. No way for each track to be investigated... we depend on the hosts and the region directors.

the loaded question statement, Homer, is fair and you know it... Even I am curious as to the intent of your questions. Based on what was posted, unfactually by many others on another board, I am leary having this conversation.

If there were two tracks that bid and one was a member and one was not or just new, I would base my vote on the committee recommendation as to which track will build a bigger participation level and how many times has that track proven their ability to hold a large event... as long as the rotation and facility amenities were in place...

there's no one answer to this, Homer. Bid must be considered with equal weight and consideration must be given as to what is best for ROAR and the racing membership.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Jack sorry wrong read. Fact is this has nothing to do with last years decisions. Bitter once, but not now. I am preparing myself for another bid and just seeing where things stand. I think all my questions do deserves answers. It's time for someone to stand up and be accountable. not just pass the buck saying I'm causing trouble.

Stop trying to reaf the tea leaves and just answer the questions and all will be good.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Dawn

"bid for review by the committee."

I won't even go there.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default posted, unfactually

point me to the unfactal stuff, please/
Tech Elite

Jack sorry wrong read. Fact is this has nothing to do with last years decisions. Bitter once, but not now. I am preparing myself for another bid and just seeing where things stand. I think all my questions do deserves answers. It's time for someone to stand up and be accountable. not just pass the buck saying I'm causing trouble.

Stop trying to reaf the tea leaves and just answer the questions and all will be good.

submit your bid, Homer... you and I both know what the situation was during your last bid attempt and it was unfortunate and the NON ROAR track in your situation was NEVER considered for several reasons... even if the committee had recommended that track, it wouldn't have flown by the Excomm simply because it could not be considered since there were two ON TIME bids. You were jerked around, for sure.... and you have every right to be bitter. Personally, I stand for you.. and you know this. I am one vote on the Excomm and my vote will be heard.

Now, regarding simple answers.. there are none. The committee must make a recommendation, that's it.. a recommendation .. based on criteria given to them by the competition director. David Lee is the new competition director... ask him what he will be issuing as criteria..... its up to him, basically.
Tech Elite

Default Re: posted, unfactually

point me to the unfactal stuff, please/
never said it was you, dude.... you know what I'm referring to. I refuse to go that site any longer.. I have more respect for myself than that..
Old 01-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default bigger participation level

what if the race sells out either venue. then what.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Dawn

"bid for review by the committee."

I won't even go there.
I agree.. in your situation.... unfortunately, the sanctity of those private conversations was infiltrated and I think that was the problem... in all honesty. I don't believe they had any other situation. Yes, the chair person made some derogatory comments... but, you shouldn't have known about those and I don't feel they had any weight....

just my .02
Old 01-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: bigger participation level

what if the race sells out either venue. then what.
Homer, if your going to nit pick every phrase I make.. we'll get no where. I can't answer that question for you and nobody can. Its reviewable per bid, per year.... next time around, find out the criteria first from David .. and lets move on?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Once again the past is the past. I'm only thinking of the future. DO you have some unresolved issues you would like settled with me, since Sean and you are having a hard time letting the past go.

This is just conversation, nothing more.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default nit pick

Dawn why are my questions considered nit picking. Sean made this thread for questions about how the committee works. Well I have some questions nothing more. I do not feel a need to just move on, because you think I'm nit picking.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

no, I do not.... I never had any issues with you. I am surprised you ask that.

As for Sean, I can't speak for him but yes, he's very bitter over the other forum bash attacks on my personality, appearance, enthusiasm to do my job for ROAR and the selection basis that his committee was accused of toward the stock nationals. Once you get trashed at that level and get emails sent to you with nasty comments and have lawsuit paperwork show up at your door.. you become leary of anybody.

Basically, if you are not bitter over what happened to you.. why do your questions read as you are? I know you and I know your methods of asking questions... I truly feel Sean is attempting to answer your questions the best he can and NOT start some war out there.

Homer, you must realize... the time that was happening.. did you read the lies being told about his wife? Did you have to deal with me crying every day because I was being trashed for simply being female and doing a job nobody wants? (yes, I was crying... waaa waaa, I know.... thick skin was out of stock that month in the retail outlets.)

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 01-24-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: nit pick

Dawn why are my questions considered nit picking. Sean made this thread for questions about how the committee works. Well I have some questions nothing more. I do not feel a need to just move on, because you think I'm nit picking.
Jiminy Crickets.... sorry to use the word nitpicking. You are nitpicking my words apart.. that's what I am saying. If you are not, you know I apologize... I just feel you are focusing on one word statements and making me clarify. The intent of what I'm trying to say is clear, in my opinion.

Basically, a track, such as yours, Homer, deserves to be recognized as a long standing ROAR track that has held a successful national in the past. Rotation is east coast for gas racing in 2006 and your track should be considered higher - should the bid be on time.

But, I think Sean wanted this for electric off road conversations.. not that you swayed it away, I did... I think we should stick to topic of electric off road?

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 01-24-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well, i don't think the new track should have to wait untill the old track closes down before they can hold a nationals, because thats the only point when the "long standing track" dosen't have first dibs according to your way of thinking Homer. Obviously sour grapes. And we know "we can read you". And your question WAS loaded as anybody could tell from the minute you first posted on this topic.

"ROAR (Remotely Operated Auto Racers) is the National non-profit corporation organized to promote the sport of radio controlled model car racing."

Intresting, it didn't say "to promote Homer's track" at the end there.

Are you sure you support ROAR Homer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.