Wiki Posts
Search

2005 Rule Book

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dawn Sanchez
you DQ'd somebody who's tag fell off during racing?
Yes. It is the rules, tag must be secured. I am not accusing the person that was DQ'd for this of anything...he is a current ROAR National Champion. But you would be surprised at what happens to armatures..........

There is a flaw though with the rule as compared to the construction of the armatures. The tag is fixed to the arm with a certain type of adhesive (vague, cause I don't know what it is). Motor spray does a good job at melting that adhesive. The reason what this rule is important is that it allow for an easier identification of the armature. But more importantly, it helps keep hand winds out stock/19T.

In my opinion, and according to the rule book, a loose tag is an automatic DQ.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Orange
IMO, A tad excessive.

But you on-road guy's are pretty anal about that tech stuff anyway.

Understandable for a regional championship race though.
Rules are rules. Not follow and they are worthless. You would be surprised at how many people tell me they are thankful that I am stickler for the rules. Fun and fair right?
Old 02-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Orange
I'm curious as to how it is determined the actual ride height? Is this determined in pre-tech or post tech or both? Do you drop the car from a certain height to get it to it's natural resting point? Do you just push the chassis down and let it come to it's natural ride height that way? How is this determined?
I push the chassis down and let to come to its natural ride height. A 4mm rod is slid under the chassis. If the rod gets stuck, the chassis is too low. There is some wiggle room here. If the chassis lifts up as a result of moving the rod around, DQ. Some rocking back and forth of the chassis is OK as the rod rubs it.

Also, if a guy comes up with a pan car in pre-tech (Foam tires, right?) and passes the ride height check, races and comes back from the race and doesn't pass tech because of ride height, does either tech, pre or post, supercede the other?

My guess would be that if the car passes ride height in pre-tech then in post tech, that shouldn't even be checked. It is going to lose height with foam tires on it. No way around that. IMO, ride height should only be a pre-tech item.

I don't know, it seems to me that if a car that uses foam tires passes pre-tech in ride height then in post tech, ride height should not DQ a car. There should be tolerances to allow for tire wear in a foam tire class.

Just my thoughts. [/B]
(refering to touring cars) In the spirit of rule 5.4.3 tires must pas both pre and post tech. It is my opinion that cars must pass ride height before the heat to protect the carpet. Also they must pass post heat ride height since the rule does not allow for anyting less than 4mm. It is part of the race strategy to include tire wear and diameter.

If there were to be a rule change, if would need to clarify pre and post heat heights. Try explain a low chassis to a carpet track owner and who will fix the rips.....
Old 02-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

rules are rules.. I agree.... I'm just one of those officials who allow benefit of doubt in most cases. I can't tell a manufacturer what kind of adhesive to use but I can expect a racer to check the tag before tech to ensure its secure.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

But Chris did you have fun???

Actually the guy DQed was wearing a Red Sox hat
Old 02-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Jim, Had a great time!

everyone knows better than to wear a sox hat when i have calipers in my hands
Old 02-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default ride height

The rules are intended to be followed as far as car specs before and after a race. The car should follow ride height minimums at the end of the race not just the beginning.

Tire wear should be accounted for before the race starts so you will pass tech at the end of the race. Same for wieght restrictions.

Some things can be accounted for in terms of race stiuations. And these situations must be taken into account by the race official. Let's say a shock pops off right at the finish line. Allow the driver to pop the shock back on before tech so the actual ride real hieght is measured. This is the intent of the rules as written.

Rick Wilson
Old 02-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

for pan cars, both ride height and weight have to be considered Pre and Post - we're supposed to be legal even after the run (and it's resulting tire wear).

Sean - you don't drop on-road cars. . . they don't like that.

You just push them down and let them rebound to their natural resting state.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Forgive me if this has been addressed already, but I heard that ROAR was considering allowing ball bearings in stock motors. Can someone update the status of this?
Old 03-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Forgive me if this has been addressed already, but I heard that ROAR was considering allowing ball bearings in stock motors. Can someone update the status of this?
I haven't heard anything, but the rule for 05 states:

8.5.4.1 The armature shafts of stock motors must turn in bushings only. The use of any device or attachment that allows the output shaft of a stock motor to ride in a ball bearing is strictly prohibited.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary

Gary - give me a call... I'll find the answer to your question. Just returned from the Excom meeting and this topic did NOT come up...
Old 03-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Dawn, PM me your #, I'll call you tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

the online version of the rule book has been updated - printed addendums will be in future rule books mailed out to the membership.

http://www.roarracing.com/rules/pdfs...les3.21.05.pdf
Old 03-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

WOW.... I just found my 2003 membership card and rule book.....
Interesting reading about officials required at diferent levels....
And the suggested aditional attendees......

Now I'm gonna have to download the 2005 version and read it too.... I figure if I'm gonna open my big mouth then I'd better know the rules!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

LOL... always a good place to start.....

(just kidding, trying to add some humor )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.