Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GP 3700's what is ROAR's take?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just have a question what would ROAR do if the GP3300 is no longer sold and only the GP3700 is sold in 2005? According to the rules the GP3700 will not be allowed as it missed the cut off date understandable, but if something were to take place and the GP3300's are no longer sold what are the Racers to do then? I don’t think many of the batteries that are on the approved list would still be in circulation or are being manufactured so is ROAR thinking about something like this happening or what is ROAR’s plan to help the racer?

I think the whole thing with the battery approval is good the way it is now the only thing is if a current(approved) battery is no longer made and a newer one comes along, after the cut off date for new approval's will the newer one get some type of exception for the sake of racing or will the rule be held steadfast?
Old 12-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

hmm... I don't know if I truly believe the 3300's won't be available by the end of 2005. The 3000's are still available. Also, I do believe retooling of the cells of the non approved batteries is being done... therefore, problem solved.

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 12-29-2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Do you mean the 3700s are being retooled or something else?
Old 12-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Suspended

Solution: GP wraps 3700's in 3300 shrinkwrap!
Old 12-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Since all you guys are rocket scientist here the facts.There is a worldwide standard for a sub C cell. If someone builds one that does not fit the mold what do you think is going to happen. Are all the others that manufacturer battery powered tools going to make a special adaptor for these batteries? Or is the battery company that sells the special sized cell going to have to change the size of their cell to supply that cell to the people that buy way more cells than us RC guys?
Are 2400's still available - yes and how many years has it been since they were THE cell to have.
When the manufacturer submits the cells, sometime in 2005- remember September is the deadline and it is within the reconized world specs for a sub C battery it will probably be approved. Until then it is not!
Old 12-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Bullfrog laying the law down! damn you still got some spunk!

Hey can we run them at the sfeara race at joes? The 3600 sanyos that is.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Jpilone
Solution: GP wraps 3700's in 3300 shrinkwrap!
I heard that the 3700's and 3600's don't meet the size dimensions for ROAR, EFRA, IFMAR, FEMCA (And any others), Is that true?
Old 12-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Orange
I heard that the 3700's and 3600's don't meet the size dimensions for ROAR, EFRA, IFMAR, FEMCA (And any others), Is that true?
yes, it WAS true.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

I'm real spunky now that we're getting ready to move to a real new place. Just started painting the outside this week. As for your answer it's this--- Heck No!!!!!! You'll have to do what everyone else is going to do run those old tired 3300 GPs.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

The first thought that came to my mind when I saw the title of this thread was

"Is ROAR supposed to even have a take on these new cells when they haven't even been submitted for aproval?"

Answer: No, These cells are basically invisible to ROAR approval until next September

Simple and Done....

I feel the once a year battery approval is right and fair
Old 01-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BullFrog
I'm real spunky now that we're getting ready to move to a real new place. Just started painting the outside this week. As for your answer it's this--- Heck No!!!!!! You'll have to do what everyone else is going to do run those old tired 3300 GPs.
dang it bill cant slide one past you!

As far as once a year submital process is concerned if we didnt have it it would be like it was three years ago and its one of the reasons alot of people quit racing or went nitro. For the first time in Ep racing we have had a consistancy with batteries, for which we have achieved some satisfaction knowing that when you buy a few battery packs in two weeks you are not peed off because some new hot cell came out.
I have been reading everyones post the fact is we are racing there are rules so lets follow them if they submitted the battery late then tough.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Hector what is this world coming to I agree with you? See you at Joes.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BullFrog
Hector what is this world coming to I agree with you? See you at Joes.
actually Bill I will probably see you at Superior this sunday. I'll be there with Dobbs. If your not there see you at Joe's.

What Can I say rules are there. We can't argue with that, if we have concern with one then it should be brought up for a rule proposal. Then the members can vote on it. Here in florida racers get invovled and state the gripe they have on a piece of paper and we all vote on it. I am sure its no different with roar.

Bill other then being a big mouth you know I follow rules. And surprizing the older I get the more we agree! eeeks me a little
Old 01-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

WOW - a thread where Reason won out!

Here's another take on the ROAR being proactive thing.

If ROAR were responsible for chasing down every manufacturer of every thing that needed certification (ie. cells, bodies, motors, etc.) then THEY would be set up as the bad guy when someone like Hellion makes a new body and ROAR doesn't even know he exists. . .but he's made a body and he's selling it at his local hobby shop or online (and thus is available to the general public) but ROAR doesn't know about him. Are THEY supposed to truly explore all reaches of time and space to find out about new companies? :LOL:

Also - I have a feeling that ROAR is already in pretty close contact with GP about anything new that they're making - same with Sanyo/Panasonic/Trinity/Proto/etc.

Don't forget, Rick races too. I've seen him. . . (of course I kept my feet off the track when he did! ROFL j/k!)

(nothing personal, DH, but I know you're new and you make a good example! )
Old 01-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

So the only difference between the 3500 and the 3700 is running time? So did i waste my money on my gp 3500's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.