Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Region 12

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Its all fine now.........I raced anyway that day. I race because its fun not just for brag rights.

As for the Regional race.........I was kinda thinking along the lines of it was a Regional Champion only race. Basically an invite to the Nats. Or we could let all Regional Champs have an instant invite to the Factory Class.

Because lets face it........even if your turnout is low........A region Champ should have some idea at least of how to get out of the way of faster drivers. Plus........if they happened to out drive a factory guy it may help them get girls.....I mean sponsors.

Just a thought.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

ok....

so how do we plan every regional champ to attend a national... and if they do.. there are 12 regions... so we can plan on maybe 15 racers??

I would figure, if you finish in the top 30% of any class at YOUR regional event you have the invitation to attend a national and have preferred sorting into the qualifiers. The other racers are sorted randomly and placed in quals in that manner...

so, the top 30% get some special preference...

rough idea.. but what do you think?

And, keep in mind.. who's gonna do that paperwork to keep track of who's in top 30% of what class from what regional?
Old 09-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

that sounds good...........

My idea was to keep a very small class or include that small class in the invitational class. Knowing that not all the Regional guys would be able to attend the nats.

As for who keeps track.............Isn't that what Regional directors are for? I mean, they can't attend all races but if they either attend (which to me is their job for a regional race) or at least get the results and rank em out......and say for each given year one region is in charge...........and it rotates through or goes by volunteers.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am pretty sure that this is the way it used to be. You needed to be in the level 3 A to get a seat at the level 4. Then by resume the rest of the level 4 was filled in. Kind the same way we get to teh worlds.

I am completely behind making level 3 mean something by making it a qualifier for level 4. Regional Directors should monitor and report the qualified racers.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Old 09-03-2004, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

I know I've run the regionals in onroad in San Antonio and Jackson.....(the numbers escape me right now)........I came in 3rd in 7th in San Antonio and 1st in Jackson.

And that got me jack squat.

In fact its almost to the point where its more prestigous to win the state races than the regionals

I know in my neck of the woods(can't count vegas because I haven't raced here yet)........more people show up to state races than Regionals. We need to get something going to increase attendance at those events