Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome to the ROAR Racing forum!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Region 12 Rep?

Originally posted by YBSLOW
Thanks. I just thought someone had been appointed to this position by Rick after he became President. Did that person not take the job or just not do the job?
Yes, Tim Long was appointed by Rick Wilson as the Region 12 director. I am pretty sure Tim had too many things on his plate and didn't realize the committment required. We wish him well and of course, appreciate the work he did for us.

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 02-24-2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

skidmarks, thanks for clearing up the confusion over the classes! I think that ruling will make everyone happy.

Yes I know all those guys. I used to travel all over the Northwest and California coast with Ernie and Tony. Over Thanksgiving I flew home and raced offroad at A-Main Raceway with Ernie and Wes. Also got to catch up with Mike Ellis and Craig Fox. Can't wait to see everyone this summer, I think it's going to be a great time. If you talk to Steve Reece tell him I said hi as well. I am familiar with your name, but I can't put a face to it. Did we ever race together?

racer-oZ
Old 02-24-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

racer-oz,
im pretty sure we've raced together. i used to work part time at kit car and used to race at byrons carpet track. also at tanisbourne mall when it was there. lots of fun. i'll tell steve you said hey.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I raced quite a bit with Byron and his dad. I'm sure when I see you it will hit me. Is that you pictured in your avatar? LOL

What about Kevin Tupper, is he still around the R/C scene there?

racer-oZ
Old 02-25-2004, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

hehe no, but shes pretty hot huh. no kevin doesnt race anymore. not sure what happened to him. see you in july!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Why was the last time the region 5 website was updated was March of 2003?
Old 02-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

don't know - ROAR has no ownership nor access directly to individual websites designed by region directors for their information sending...

but, I will contact Kenny Bergschultz to inquire who is the webmaster and do they need any help... are you interested in helping with regular updates if that is what they are requiring?

Old 02-26-2004, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Dawn
you have a pm
Old 02-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by 17driver
Dawn
you have a pm

as do you...

sorry, I can't be of much help.....
Old 02-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Dawn
Sent you an e-mail.Thanks Craig
Old 03-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

again, I must reiterate - any topic or post that is found to be of a negative, harrassing or degrading measure by the moderators will be deleted.

when questions posed are answered in full and there is no further direction of a thread, this thread will be closed and deleted to archives after one month.

thank you for reading the ROAR forum and for appreciating the efforts of the volunteers who do what they can to support a RC racing sanctioning body.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

when this forum began, I was listed as the moderator. Then, I requested Randy Holst's handle be included as moderator, as he is the Secretary/Treasurer of ROAR.

As of today, Rick Wilson, ROAR President, is also a moderator for this forum...

welcome Rick....!!!

To all: rules are simple. Ask or state what you wish in a positive manner and you will be responded to by one of the three of us. When the thread is showing to move away from the title in content, it will be closed.

Again... have some fun!!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It is interesting to see some of the comments here. The last ROAR race that was held in Canada for on road cars was in 2001 in Edmonton, Alberta. Since then there has been no ROAR racing in Canada. I believe the general consensus here is that ROAR feels the R/C world in Canada is so small that it gets forgotten but it sounds like others, in the U.S., feel the same way. Some of us here in the North have taken it upon ourselves to create both on and off-road series that are well attended and supported by the local clubs but it would be nice to see, "sanctioned" events up here. Could someone drop me an email in regards to this matter or give me a call at 780 470 4489.
Thanks,
John Hughes
(acting club President for the, Northern Alberta Scale Car Auto Racers) www.edmontonrc.com
Old 03-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think that part of the problem with ROAR in Canada is that their has not been anyone to step up and be the representative to help coordinate.

Do you know anyone that is interested?
Old 03-25-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I left my number. I would love to see ROAR back in Canada and I would love to see them address some of the concerns of Canadian racers for Canadian racers.
John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.