Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Commercial/Retail Forums > rcMart.com Mega Online R/C Marketplace
Are rcmart bank fees a breach of Paypal terms of service? >

Are rcmart bank fees a breach of Paypal terms of service?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are rcmart bank fees a breach of Paypal terms of service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 06:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)
Default Are rcmart bank fees a breach of Paypal terms of service?

We all know that rcmart charges a "bank fee" at the last step of checkout.

But read Paypals terms and conditions:

Originally Posted by pakk
I just thought I would share this.

Link to PP TOS

Specifically this paragraph

No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment.

Therefore isn't the fee we are charged by rcmart a "bank fee" for paying by Paypal (or other means) is clearly in breach of Paypal's terms of service.

Should all rcmart customers be therefore entitled to a refund of all bank fees collected by rcmart over the life of their rcmart account which they were apparantly not entitled to collect.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hear ya. I've been charged the same fee and it is annoying.

However, in RCMart's defense, they are not in the US and don't have to abide by California's laws.

Also, that paragraph states that it is illegal to charge extra for payment with credit card. RCMart don't just restrict the surcharge to credit card payment, it's payment of ALL types, whether it's e-cheque, normal funds transfer, or CC. I suppose technically they aren't charging any more for the luxury of a CC payment as everybody pays that charge when using paypal.

That's my take on it. RCMart might have a different view. Either way, I doubt you'll be getting any refunds of the charges
Old 04-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Did anyone really bring this issue to PayPal??