Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-Flite Carbon Z Cub "Giant Scale"

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default E-Flite Carbon Z Cub "Giant Scale"

Has anyone gotten the new carbon z cub from eflite? I have a bind and fly waiting at the hobby shop to pick up. I can't wait to get it and build it. If it flies anything like the carbon cub SS then I'll be flyin high. :-D It looks awesome in the videos I've seen. From the looks of it, I should be able to fly it off regular cut grass with the large tires on it. I'll get pics of it when I get it finished and post them.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Qu...L10450&Index=5
Old 10-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Looks nice prob get one in a month just got the dx9.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

I would love one, but it is too large for me to store, transport, or find space to fly in.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

the wings come off!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GBLynden
I would love one, but it is too large for me to store, transport, or find space to fly in.
Lucky for me, I have a flying club 10 min from home. I do have a few large farms that I could fly it at too. Especially since they cut the fields. I rode by one farm today and my first thought was this is the perfect place to fly it. LOL I know the owner so its not a problem.

The club however requires a membership and a AMA membership as well. While I don't mind spending the money, I can fly it on a 400 acre wide open farm!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Holy crap this thing is huge. I've only had the time to buy it and look at it. The lady at the lhs said guys have been drooling all over it since it came in. It's funny, I ordered a PNP kit Monday since Horizon shows the BNF to be out of stock. Figure I could buy a receiver. Then I realized the receiver was $100. Next thing you know they call me on Wed to tell me that a BNF came that was on store backorder that I could get it and cancel the PNP. I jumped on it. Now I have to find the time to assemble it and do the pre flight adjustments.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

I was able to find the time to assemble the Carbon Z. It went together very easy. I have all the trim set and have the flaps working. I also have the elevator mixed with the flaps. The one thing I haven't figured out is how to get the gain settings for the AS3X to work. Basically the indicator lights are flashing and I can't figure out how to scroll through all that. It's pretty much ready to maiden but I want to make sure it's right.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nmdesertracer
the wings come off!
It is still probably too big for my car lol
Old 11-12-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GBLynden
It is still probably too big for my car lol
Funny you say that. I have a full size Chevy truck, regular cab standard bed. I still can't figure out how I can transport it. I'm going to have to make something to "hold" it in place so it doesn't blow around or out of the bed. LOL It's not like I can use ratchet straps to secure it down. hahaha The cab isn't big enough to put the fuse and wings inside together so something has to be in the bed.

Right now, I'm a bit intimidated by it. Every time I walk past it and look up at it hanging in the garage, I think, holy crap this thing is TOO big. LOL A little bit apprehensive about just taking out and flying it. Something this big needs a lot of room on the maiden to be able to trim it out. The time is coming soon. I'm going to have someone with me to video everything. If it flies as easy as the little umx then I'll probably get a GoPro and video some really high shots of the Appalachian mountains.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

I was going to maiden the Cub yesterday but about the time I got to where I was going to fly it, the wind got up to the point I was not comfortable. I did taxi the plane around some. It's got some balls that's for sure.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GregH
I was able to find the time to assemble the Carbon Z. It went together very easy. I have all the trim set and have the flaps working. I also have the elevator mixed with the flaps. The one thing I haven't figured out is how to get the gain settings for the AS3X to work. Basically the indicator lights are flashing and I can't figure out how to scroll through all that. It's pretty much ready to maiden but I want to make sure it's right.
Just in case you didn't know, AS3X isn't active until you move the throttle over approximately 25%, then it stays active. The gains and such should be setup from the factory (if you got a BNF), so all you need to do is bind it, setup the radio, and fly it!

Seth
Old 11-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
Just in case you didn't know, AS3X isn't active until you move the throttle over approximately 25%, then it stays active. The gains and such should be setup from the factory (if you got a BNF), so all you need to do is bind it, setup the radio, and fly it!

Seth
Great. I wasn't sure if I needed to go through the settings of the gain or not. I did get the radio set up and receiver bound to the radio. All the throws seem right. I guess the next thing is to fly it. LOL I am aware of the AS3X only working after the throttle is engaged. It does react correctly when quick movement is made to the plane while on the bench.

Another question. It says to change the linkage rather then using the trim on the radio. Is the receiver that sensitive to change that I can't just trim the plane to fly straight? Thanks for the info Seth.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Still haven't been able to maiden the mammoth of a bird yet. Wintery mix and 20-30mph winds just don't cut it. I got tired of just looking at it hanging in the garage so I "blacked" out the wheels. Then I found a carbon fiber decal sheet I had laying around and covered the white skirts on both sides. It actually looks good.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Saw one at the local field....great flyn plane
Old 12-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

I finally had the opportunity to maiden the big bird. It has great flying characteristics. Much more scale like flying then the smaller planes. I was able to hover a few times for a few seconds. Did some rolls, loops and other stuff. I went to do a knife edge and when I gave it rudder, it pretty much turned around and was going the other way. VERY sensitive when in 3D mode. It's very cool to see it flying in person rather then videos.

Last edited by GregH; 12-01-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.