Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Eachine Assassin 180 5.8GHZ RTF FPV Drone >

Eachine Assassin 180 5.8GHZ RTF FPV Drone

Eachine Assassin 180 5.8GHZ RTF FPV Drone

Old 02-25-2016, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default Eachine Assassin 180 5.8GHZ RTF FPV Drone

I just got this Eachine Assassin 180 RTF FPV Drone that just came out and made an Unboxing, Maiden Flight, and Review video for it.

It comes in a really high quality case to keep it safe and for easy travel. In addition to the Eachine Assassin 180 FPV Drone with built-in OSD, GPS, NAZE32, it comes RTF with the newly released Eachine VR-007 HD Goggles, and the Eachine I6 Transmitter.

Here is a quick summary of the my review:

Pros
- 2300KV Brushless Motors
- It comes in a top quality product case
- Three flight modes to choose from
- It has a sports camera mount on top with vibration dampening material so I can get great footage with my Mobius cameras.
- Clear and easy to use HD FPV Goggles
- The goggles are very comfortable to wear in early testing due to very comfortable foam and top head strap.
- The goggles operate on 5.8GHZ 600mW w/40 channel VTX
- Very bright lights and the front lights have incredible power
- Rear light indicate when roll, pitch, and yaw are activated on the stick to provide line of sight feedback.

Cons
- Some might not like the proprietary smart battery
- The GPS module didn't stay put and may have been mounted in the wrong position out of the box.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:17 AM
Tech Addict

I was able to sneak in a quick outdoor maiden today. This thing is EXCEPTIONAL in the air. It is quick and VERY stable

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

When can we expect to see some fpv video? Are the googles any good compared to the Shark?
Old 02-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Yep! There was a quick break in the weather when I made this flight yesterday. I left it short so I could get some FPV footage after this quick LOS flight but the weather went crazy on me after my buddies flew some of their stuff.

Soon though!

The googles are great. As I mentioned at the end of this little video I rode along with my buddies on their quads and we were all blown away by how good these goggles are with this kit. I didn't think they would be even close to what they are even though they are labeled as "HD". You just never know until you try things I guess lol
Old 03-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

I finally got to FPV this yesterday and I also got some footage of it flying with my onboard Mobuis Standard Lens A action cam during both my warm up line of sight flight and my first ever FPV Flight!

+ YouTube Video
Old 04-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Tech Rookie

How does the Eachine perform in cross-winds? Pretty stable?
Old 04-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RcTube
How does the Eachine perform in cross-winds? Pretty stable?
It is very stable. I am pretty impressed with it. I was ripping around with my Runcam 2 on it and it ripped around with it on there like it was nothing.