Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Blade 350 QX3 Down! >

Blade 350 QX3 Down!

Blade 350 QX3 Down!

Old 12-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)
Default Blade 350 QX3 Down!

I'm new to RC flight but having been racing cars for a long while. I recently picked up a Blade 350 QX3 for fun. I really like it. Its a load of fun and I find it easy to fly. However, on the 10th battery it just fell from the sky like somebody shot it. It just stopped and plunged. The lipo was fresh and the tx batteries were new. It caused a lot of damage including replacement of all 4 props, the body, the GPS antenna and the antenna mast. I haven't fixed it yet but it still comes on but is unflyable. It was still beeping when I found it. I wasn't very far away from it. It was 100 ft out, or so, and 75 to 100 feet up. It fell on my neighbors house.....lucky it didn't damage the house! Anyway, what could cause the thing to just stop mid flight and careen to its death like that? I'm planning on loading it up with my gopro and flying it over the Kings River and Kings Canyon which is the deepest canyon in North America. This sudden crash has me thinking twice. Is this a common sort of thing?
Old 12-29-2014, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

I'd send it into Horizon and have them check it out.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

It ended up being a motor failure. Specifically, I think a bearing. What a PITA to take this thing apart! I have everything swapped onto the new body. Once the new motor arrives I'll have it back in the air in 20 minutes.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default blade stop feature

The only way I think what happened was that you might of hit the "blade stop" button by accident. I have a 350 QX and while switching between the modes during flight, you can accidentally hit the wrong switch. That is likely what happened, I did it to my 350 while in the air about 35' high. Broke a blade and the plastic frame had stress crack but nothing major.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thanks for the info looking to buy one soon.