Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Help a rank n00b! Trouble with a Heli-Max MD-530, FS-TH9X, and an Anylink2. >

Help a rank n00b! Trouble with a Heli-Max MD-530, FS-TH9X, and an Anylink2.

Help a rank n00b! Trouble with a Heli-Max MD-530, FS-TH9X, and an Anylink2.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help a rank n00b! Trouble with a Heli-Max MD-530, FS-TH9X, and an Anylink2.

Ok, I'm pretty new to RC helis and planes (And brand new to this forum! So hi!), but do have a little experience and know a good bit of the basics.

I recently purchased an MD-530 TxR from a guy on Ebay and thought I'd be able to use it with a Tactic TTX402 that came with a Flyzone S.E.5.A. airplane since they're both SLT compatible. The downloadable manual said that you can fly the MD-530 with most SLT airplane transmitters. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way. It did bind, but as soon as I moved the throttle stick at all it stuck at what I'd guess to be about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and stayed there. I had no authority to move it up or down. So ok, I thought maybe since the TTX402 doesn't have dual rates and is a very basic TX that it just isn't suitable for using with helis.

So, I also have a Fly Sky TH9X transmitter and today I purchased a Tactic Anylink2 so I can just use that for my Flyzone plane and the MD530. Again, I was able to bind it with no issues, and while I thought I set the sticks up to "mode 2" in the settings menu the throttle was on the right hand stick where the rudder control should be! Since the right hand stick has a spring to bring it back to center it automatically has the throttle half way open. I played with the different "Stick Mode" options and when I switched it to "mode 3" the throttle moved to the left stick, but was where the aileron control should be. When I tried "mode 1" it just set it back to the throttle on the right stick, but it was back in the rudder position again instead of where it would be traditionally when set to "mode 1." The same thing happened when set in "mode 4".

I'm at a loss, and not sure if the guy who sold me the heli while stating it was in "perfect" and "like new" condition just burned me or if I have some setting set incorrectly. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S.
Sorry for the novel, but I figure details are better than not details.