Wiki Posts
Search

Old Walkera 22e Dragonfly

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Old Walkera 22e Dragonfly

Hey Guys

I have an old walkera 22e in the closet that has been collecting dust since I bought it probably 5 years ago. I had a friend who was in the hobby and he suggested this as a cheap heli to learn on that could also go 3D when I was ready to flip the switch. I got it on ebay and didn't attempt to fly it for a few months after I got it but I had some big problems. I gave it to my pal to work on the setup for me in case I did something wrong and he said the ESC was bad. The ESC is built in to the Rx on this model along with the gyro BEC, etc. The new 4in1 Rx was about 60 bucks which was close to what I paid for the heli. It has been in the closet ever since.

I know back then you could put a brushless motor on which would require a new ESC along with the brushless motor. How does that upgrade get accomplished? Does it piggy back with the ESC already in, or does one of the open channels on the Rx control main motor ESC?

Walkera didn't have a manual at the time and the only manual I can find now is for a 2.4ghz version of the heli that is totally different. If anyone can remember these beasts and has some insight, I would appreciate it!

Thanks