Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking about trying to learn to fly..

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default Thinking about trying to learn to fly..

Can anyone help me find a good starter plane? Im looking to spend about 250.00 on a nice beginner plane. I have neer flown a plane before but id like to learn how. Always thought it would be nice to have in the fleet. I have played flight simulator before so i kinda know the controls and what not. A guy at work has a nice nitro plane for sale for 200.00. Its a cessna and its only been flown once. Never broke or anything. Would this be a good choice? Should i start with nitro or electric? I am a nitro guy and i think it would be nice to have. I just need a little guidance. Any help would be greatly apreciated
Old 06-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Rookie

A friend and I began flying September of last year, I bought a hobico nexstar mini and he bought a eflite apprentice. I think both are pretty good but the apprentice is much more forgiving. with those planes and the help of simulators we now fly P51 and T-28 war birds. I personally would get the apprentice to start out with but I have now become more of a helicopter guy so maybe some one with more plane experience would give you better advice.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks man i apreciate it. I plan to look into it a little more. I really want to learn how to fly. It looks like a challenge and i always wanted to get one someday. A guy at my work has what i believe is a nexstar and he claims its a cessna and it has been flown a few times not much. It comes with the field box and starter, fuel pump and all for 250.00 is this a good deal?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:45 AM
Suspended

If your looking for a good starter plane the plane that I can recommend is the "Mini Cessna - Brushless 2.4GHz RTF SKU: KMNCE01-1". The "Mini Cessna - Brushless 2.4GHz RTF SKU: KMNCE01-1" is a very good plane it can tolerate beginners and it's very easy to fly. I should say that my first flight on the Mini Cessna was a success thanks to it's simple controls. It is cheaper compared to other planes, it only costs approx. € 84,98 and it's very easy to fix if it get's broken.

Regards.
Andy.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Suspended

Hawk RTF from GT is a 4 channel trainer. It is a complete package including battery, charger and a 2.4G transmitter with LCD display. It is suitable for beginners, but has plenty to offer the experienced pilots as well.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

thanks guys i ended up getting the hobbico nexstar nitro trainer plane.. i have been looing at alot of stuff online and found that its one of the good trainers to start out with, im more of a nitro guy so i had to have a nitro plane. now if i could learn to fly.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My first plane was the Eflite Apprentice. It's a great foam trainer with a 4 foot wing span.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Rookie

You should join a ama club and definitely get a simulator, preferably real flight since it has that model in it.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

The plane came with a real flight simulator nextar edition. I have been using it to learn how to fly. I can get it up in the air fine and fly ok but still havin a hard time to land it and do ovals