Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Guess you will have to wait till it comes out, lol
Old 11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gduits
Check out the Estes ProtoQ from Tower...... $60! Look familure? Traxxas should stick to the things they know best....
lol, a 3rd one. They all seem to be from the same oem. They are exactly the same other than name and the shell. Oh, and traxxas threw a sticker on the batteries too.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

There are plenty of V6 Camaros around...and they all look like the V8's, untill you drive them. If Traxxas says the internals are different, they are different. But, like I said before, youll have to see for yourself when the helis come out. I am sure there will be magazine reviews of each of the helis soon after this one comes out.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Each one of the Helis that were mentioned on this thread were rejected a long time ago by Traxxas as an option.
The Traxxas Quad will fly better than all of the ones mentioned, AND:

-you will get 2 batteries, not one
-you will get a dual usb charger, not a single one
-you will have all of the parts in stock at your shops
-when you break the heli, you can give the broken heli to your shop (or mail it to traxxas), keep your original batteries and charger, and get a new heli WITH 2 MORE batteries, and another dual charger, for only $50! (add $5 shipping if you are mailing it to Traxxas).

So, its your choice...you can get an inferior heli for less, break it, and wait forever for parts, and feel like a douche when you throw it in the trash,
OR, you can get a quad that flies WELL, with all of the parts available, and able to be replaced at any time, etc, etc, etc

the company knows what they are doing....they clearly didnt be succesfull by googling a heli and selling it with their name on it......

Im just sayin' :-)))
Old 11-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did I miss it in this thread somewhere? When do these things arrive?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
There are plenty of V6 Camaros around...and they all look like the V8's, untill you drive them. If Traxxas says the internals are different, they are different. But, like I said before, youll have to see for yourself when the helis come out. I am sure there will be magazine reviews of each of the helis soon after this one comes out.
Sorry, I can't find where "Traxxas says the internals are different" can you please post a link to that info?

What seperates it from the others as far as flying capabilities? Would be cool if the led's matched the trim. Red/Red, Orange/Orange etc :-)
Old 11-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by happy Meal
Each one of the Helis that were mentioned on this thread were rejected a long time ago by Traxxas as an option.
The Traxxas Quad will fly better than all of the ones mentioned, AND:

-you will get 2 batteries, not one
-you will get a dual usb charger, not a single one
-you will have all of the parts in stock at your shops
-when you break the heli, you can give the broken heli to your shop (or mail it to traxxas), keep your original batteries and charger, and get a new heli WITH 2 MORE batteries, and another dual charger, for only $50! (add $5 shipping if you are mailing it to Traxxas).

So, its your choice...you can get an inferior heli for less, break it, and wait forever for parts, and feel like a douche when you throw it in the trash,
OR, you can get a quad that flies WELL, with all of the parts available, and able to be replaced at any time, etc, etc, etc

the company knows what they are doing....they clearly didnt be succesfull by googling a heli and selling it with their name on it......

Im just sayin' :-)))
You didn't consider price into the factor the hubsan is 70 so that extra 30 can get you more than another battery and charger.

If you break it than just buy another heli for 70, yeah it is 20 more but you get to keep your old one for parts.

Technically if both are the same besides internals than you can just use the traxxas parts no need to throw it away.

Usually when the Chinese make something it is rebranded for each company. So I can order a bulk amount from that company and say I want this logo and that color and they will do it for you rarely do they change any internals I think the only way to get it done is you have to do the prototyping for the changes and if it works successfully you send it off to get replicated. But then they just start selling the new version to others, so if it is indeed different then you are going to see the hubsan being updated with new internals too.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eclipse07
You didn't consider price into the factor the hubsan is 70 so that extra 30 can get you more than another battery and charger.

If you break it than just buy another heli for 70, yeah it is 20 more but you get to keep your old one for parts.

Technically if both are the same besides internals than you can just use the traxxas parts no need to throw it away.

Usually when the Chinese make something it is rebranded for each company. So I can order a bulk amount from that company and say I want this logo and that color and they will do it for you rarely do they change any internals I think the only way to get it done is you have to do the prototyping for the changes and if it works successfully you send it off to get replicated. But then they just start selling the new version to others, so if it is indeed different then you are going to see the hubsan being updated with new internals too.
Exactly. Traxxas has some BS claims on some of their products. Yeah, there is added value from the dual charger and extra battery, but you can buy those separately. Parts look EXACTLY the same, so if the traxxas parts are in stock at the lhs, then you can fix the other brands.

I dont see the point in having to mail it in and stuff. Buy it, break it, replace parts, its that easy. I know that they are just trying to get a hold of a bunch of broken quads, fix them for $5, and try to re sell them to the person who sent them in for $50. Just like they did with my friends. They sent in vlx esc's UNDER WARRANTY and did everything correctly how traxxas told them to do it. Months later without response they called up traxxas and traxxas claimed neither sent in vxl esc's but rather xl-5's. Then they charged them like $50 to get it back fixed. During the whole process it was under warranty, and it took over a month to get the esc back after that mess. When mine died, I threw it in the trash.

If they want to be great about parts and stuff and they think their quad is so much better, they should back that up with a 1 year stress warranty like duratrax has.No mailing the entire quad in, just the part that broke.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

i personally am excited to get a traxxas helicopter and am looking forward to flying it around my apartment
Old 11-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jdawg53
Sorry, I can't find where "Traxxas says the internals are different" can you please post a link to that info?

What seperates it from the others as far as flying capabilities? Would be cool if the led's matched the trim. Red/Red, Orange/Orange etc :-)
I work for Traxxas. I, as an employee, are telling you that the internals are different :-)
This heli isnt made by another company, it is made by Traxxas and isnt a rebadged other heli.

With respect to the other questions on this thread:
Just so that people dont get confused by information from people who havent seen this heli yet (that is everyone on this forum because it hasnt been released yet), this is what you are getting:

-a heli with extra batteries and dual chargers
-a better flying heli than EVERY heli that you have all mentioned..how do I know? because all of those Helis were tested and failed because of their internals, their durability, etc, etc, etc
-the opportunity to RAPAIR or REPLACE the heli easily and cheaply
-extra batteries and dual chargers every time you swap out your broken heli (if you dont feel like fixing it)
-the option to fix it yourself quickly and cheaply
-do you have to mail your heli in for replacement? NO...you can turn it in to your shop and get one right there for the same price.

I mean, no one is making you buy something....I am just correcting the statements that are wrong...The helis are different. period. If you feel that they are the same, before you have any proof, that is your business, but I am posting the facts, thats all......

Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

I work for Traxxas. I, as an employee, are telling you that the internals are different :-)
This heli isnt made by another company, it is made by Traxxas and isnt a rebadged other heli.

Just so that people dont get confused by information from people who havent seen this heli yet (that is everyone on this forum because it hasnt been released yet), this is what you are getting:

-a better flying heli than EVERY heli that you have all mentioned..how do I know? because all of those Helis were tested and failed because of their internals, their durability, etc, etc, etc
-extra batteries and dual chargers every time you swap out your broken heli (if you dont feel like fixing it)
-do you have to mail your heli in for replacement? NO...you can turn it in to your shop and get one right there for the same price.

I mean, no one is making you buy something....I am just correcting the statements that are wrong...The helis are different. period. If you feel that they are the same, before you have any proof, that is your business, but I am posting the facts, thats all......

and i can not wait to buy a heli that is easily supported and can be replaced at any time
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

HappyMeal - when do these things arrive?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Traxxas doesn't make it a chinese factory makes it and puts their logo on it. I may not work for traxxas but I do know how Items such as the qaudcopter are made.
Those other helis were tested then modified and sent back to the chinese factory. Like I said to do improvements you have to do it yourself. Now since the factory has it they are able to sell the design to others, a U.S. copyright does not hold up within China so they are free to do so. If traxxas is different then it is only a matter of time that the other ones will be exactly the same.

Unless you worked in the engineering department you being an employee does not mean anything. Your facts are not real they are just something you have heard within the company.

I bet you can email the main distributer and can get the exact same helicopter as the traxxas. Of course you have to buy a minimum order to actually get them. I have worked directly with Chinese factories so yes I do know what I am talking about.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eclipse07
Traxxas doesn't make it a chinese factory makes it and puts their logo on it. I may not work for traxxas but I do know how Items such as the qaudcopter are made.
Those other helis were tested then modified and sent back to the chinese factory. Like I said to do improvements you have to do it yourself. Now since the factory has it they are able to sell the design to others, a U.S. copyright does not hold up within China so they are free to do so. If traxxas is different then it is only a matter of time that the other ones will be exactly the same.

Unless you worked in the engineering department you being an employee does not mean anything. Your facts are not real they are just something you have heard within the company.

I bet you can email the main distributer and can get the exact same helicopter as the traxxas. Of course you have to buy a minimum order to actually get them. I have worked directly with Chinese factories so yes I do know what I am talking about.
I totally agree.

However, I will likely get the traxxas one, just because it will be at my lhs and by the time I order the other one, wait, and pay for shipping, it will cost more than just buying the traxxas one locally. I believe the internals are the same. The remotes look the same, and the quad looks the same other than color and a couple places where the other companies removed plastic to save weight.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nerdyrcdriver
I totally agree.

However, I will likely get the traxxas one, just because it will be at my lhs and by the time I order the other one, wait, and pay for shipping, it will cost more than just buying the traxxas one locally. I believe the internals are the same. The remotes look the same, and the quad looks the same other than color and a couple places where the other companies removed plastic to save weight.
You can actually buy the Hubsan on ebay right now with free shipping. No need to order from China.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.