Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Simulator Controller >

Simulator Controller

Simulator Controller

Old 04-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Simulator Controller

I'm looking to get an RC flight simulator to practice and learn on before I buy my first plane. I have seen free simulators online such as FMS. What would be a good controller to get for these simulators? Thanks,
Old 04-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Research transmitters to see what you're interested in. Don't start out too cheap, because you'll be upgrading if you do. I would recommend a 6 channel at the minimum. Something like a DX6i would be a decent first transmitter. You can buy the chord that plugs into the data/trainer port to usb for your pc off of ebay for cheap. The radio has 10 model memory which should last you, plus it has all of the programmable features you'd find in higher end radios. If you're a futaba guy 7c...JR radios doesn't really carry a entry level tx anymore. Those are basically the Spektrum models
Old 05-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a 6 channel JR with USB adapter that i use on my flight sim its just a FM ppm radio but it works great for flight sim. you can get a radio off eBay cheep and buy the USB cable to use it on a flight sim.