Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie looking for help.. HEli doesnt take flight

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie looking for help.. HEli doesnt take flight

Hi All,

I have a esky honeybee king which doesnt take flight. The first day I bought it, The Main Blade broke even before starting it. ( It was being stepped on accidently). So i got a replacement blade which i think its different from the first one. However, the person at the shop says it is compatible.

I changed it, on it and try to hover ... It seems no matter how much i increase the throttle, it doesn't lift off. The more i throttle, the more the blades spin but to no avail..

Pls advise
Old 04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

When replacing the main blades, balance the new blades and install both at the same time (even if only one broke). Be sure to check over the rotor head as well. I'm assuming when the blade broke it was attached to the helicopter. The main shaft and or spindle shaft may be bent.

Once the new blades are mounted, check their pitch. Both should be the same, then make sure they are both at 0 degrees pitch when they should be.

If the helicopter is still not taking off, check that you are giving the blades positive pitch. If not, you will need to reprogram some stuff on your radio.

Remember to disconnect the motor leads when testing pitch and servos. way to easy to knock the throttle hold and make a mess.

Check out a site like www.helifreak.com for more help.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks so much .. It's working fine now