Wiki Posts
Search

Blade Msr beginner settings

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Blade Msr beginner settings

I just bought a blade msr, i have only flown some walmart coax helis, and some on realflight but i am confident i can get the hang of it. So far after one day and 2 batteries worth i can get it hovering and moving it around a little but forward flight it a bit more dificult. I bought the bnf msr and using a dx6i. And am knoticing that when it starts drifting into a wall or something i have to move the right stick almost half way to get it to react. Im wondering if their is any settings i can use on the dx6i that will make it easier to control. Also i knotice that when i go to move it forward it wants to dive, and if i move it just a little forward it wants to see-saw.

Thanks for any help
Old 02-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Try this forum. www.helifreak.com
Old 05-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yup, you'll get more help from helifreak.

Couple things tough...

I have an msr and know what you're talking about. Make sure you have a big open space to practice. Be gentle with the controls, don't move the stick as far as it can go if you want to move the heli. Just practice small gentle movements. The see-saw effect you're talking about is normal. This is actually the thing I'm most annoyed about with this heli. It's the 45 degree flybar that causes this (which makes the heli easier to fly vs a 90 degree flybar). It's a normal part of this heli's behavior. You just have to learn to adapt and counteract it sometimes. Very hard movements is where you'll notice it the most. Just expect that when you fly forward very hard for example, get ready to have it swing back. Instead of just letting go of the stick all together, just ease off it slowly when you want to stop moving forward. Practice, practice, practice.

Check out this site... rchelicopterfun.c om/blade-msr.html (take the space out of the .com, this site doesn't let me post links yet)

That guys has an ebook that has gotten lots and lots reviews about being extremely helpful. It shows you the settings for the msr and radios like the DX6i. It's $9 but really worth it to increase you fun and possibly decrease repairs from showing you the settings and how to fly it well. Here's a link to the ebook - rchelicopterfun.c om/blade-msr-tips.html