Wiki Posts
Search

A nother newbie and need help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default A nother newbie and need help.

Well I just broke my new heli. I have no Idea as to what is wrong. When I throttle up it goes to one side, when I turn the thing on it does nothing, after a few seconds it came on at full power and the lever was all the way down.

What exactly is colective pitch? Where is a good site to get stock parts for this heli? I have the Blade CP pro2.

I have yet to get this thing off the ground. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALLSPEED
Well I just broke my new heli. I have no Idea as to what is wrong. When I throttle up it goes to one side, when I turn the thing on it does nothing, after a few seconds it came on at full power and the lever was all the way down.

What exactly is colective pitch? Where is a good site to get stock parts for this heli? I have the Blade CP pro2.

I have yet to get this thing off the ground. Please help. Thanks in advance.
try hand-launching at first, may be a tiny bit easier. try ulimatehobbies.com if amain doesnt have the stuff. if the batt is low, my 120sr does weird stuff - motor will continue to spin when the throttle is cut, won't steer, etc.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Try the website www.Runryder.com to answer your heli questions. That whole site is for helicopters. Collective pitch is not easy to learn on. The blade basically spins at one constant speed. You get the heli to go up and down by changing the pitch on the blades. Collective pitch is how the experienced pilots do all the cool tricks and fly upside down.

Stephen
Old 12-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the input and the link. I got the heli put back together. Now I just need to learn how to fly it.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default one trick

one of my buddies said to me that flying a collective pitch heli is like trying to balance a marble on a peice of glass.

he has been helping me out with set up and advice since i am just starting to learn cp helis myself.

He said you have to counter act the way the heli is going to get a hover going it never will just stay put.

try to quickly get the helicopter up around 3 feet to get it away from the turbulant air created by the rotors.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Get a sim or you will be done with heli's real quick. They are generally very fragile and break alot of stuff on an unplanned landing. I recommend Phoenix. Seems like alot of money, figure if it saves me two crashes, its paid for itself.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

I am already thinking of getting a different heli. One with out CP. This is my first one and think it may be too much for me. I have done the simulator and flew a micro a few times but the cp just may be too much for me at this time.
I did find out the hard way that my radio was not working poperly so I am try to get that fixed. I don't plan on giving up no time soon. It has taken me ten years to leave the ground with an RC. I have done it now so I will say for a while. I may have a different thread every other day about this thing so I hope you guy's are willing to help.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I am already thinking of getting a different heli. One with out CP. This is my first one and think it may be too much for me. I have done the simulator and flew a micro a few times but the cp just may be too much for me at this time.
I did find out the hard way that my radio was not working poperly so I am try to get that fixed. I don't plan on giving up no time soon. It has taken me ten years to leave the ground with an RC. I have done it now so I will say for a while. I may have a different thread every other day about this thing so I hope you guy's are willing to help.
I've been learning with a Honey Bee FP V2- Cheap parts, easy to fix.

You need to start with a Fixed Pitch. Fewer parts to break in a crash and no complicated head to set up after a crash.

I've actually just ordered the parts to create a Trex 250 Clone FP.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=255024

Not sure what sim you have but you need a good one. I had a cheap free one- I could actually fly in it, while I'm still learning to hover in real life. I got the Phoenix Sim for Christmas and it is much more realistic. Flys just like my real heli.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've said it many times and I'll say it many more; The blade cp (pro...2...whatever) is the absolute worst heli to learn on. Sell that POS on e-bay. I started out with a blade cp, and never could fly it well until I put it on a shelf for a year, and started flying other helis. Going back to the blade afterwards, I can fly it fine, but I still think it's the biggest piece of crap ever. Sell it as fast as you can, and never think about it again.

Whatever heli you decide on, get lots of sim time as well.

They say this is not a good idea, but if I had it to do over, I would have started with planes. Much easier IMO, and personally, I think the (limited) experience I've had with planes has made flying helis easier. Flying planes can be relatively relaxing. Flying a heli is just not as nerve wracking after flying a plane I think.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

I don't own a sim. I have only flew on the ones at the LHS. I don't know anything about helis. I didn't know which was the best I just grabed one off the shelf. Which heli would be the best to learn with. I am a big kid when it comes to my RC's so I don't want a computer game I want to fly the actual toy it's self.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

well I think planes are are easier to fly and helis are cool plus hard to learn on and an flight sim is the best and cheapies way to get started into flying. now only if I could one of those dang reset buttons on my radio.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't own a sim. I have only flew on the ones at the LHS. I am a big kid when it comes to my RC's so I don't want a computer game I want to fly the actual toy it's self.
Understandable. I used to feel the same way. However one of the most crucial skills to develop, whether flying helis or planes, is orientation. As with ground vehicles, when the vehicle is pointed toward vs away from you, your eyes tell your brain that left is left and right is right and most people's natural inclination is to turn the wheel or push the sticks in those corresponding directions, only to find out the vehicle responds by going in the opposite direction. A very small percentage of people just "get it" immediately, but the vast majority have to work at it, at least a bit.

You may be thinking "Well, it was real easy for me to get used to it with a car...", but really, it's relatively easy to overcome with a car. There's a lot more going on with a helicopter that your brain will have to "reverse" when the heli is pointed toward you, and if you momentarily lose orientation with a car, no problem, just steer the other way. You'll rarely have that luxury with a cp heli, and the resulting crash will end your day in an instant. This is where a sim is invaluable. There are a few sims you can download for free off the internet. I think there's a thread listing some of them somewhere on this forum. You can buy a sim cable (click me) to use with a transmitter that has a sic or trainer port if you wanted to. Also, if you want to put the effort into it, you can download smartpropo and ppjoy and make a sim cable to set up a transmitter with a sic or trainer port. Tutorials and pinouts are available on the net. Otherwise you can just use a pc gamepad. Using a keyboard to control a sim is worthless.

I don't know anything about helis. I didn't know which was the best I just grabed one off the shelf. Which heli would be the best to learn with.
Also understandable. I didn't know anything about them when I started either, I just knew I didn't want one of those "sissycopters" like my buddy had just bought. I had to "one up" him and get one with a "real tail rotor"! Huge mistake on my part. If I knew then what I think I know now, I'd have started with a coaxial ("sissycopter"). As it turned out, I didn't start flying coaxials until recently, when I realized, they're much easier (and cheaper) to teach people with. The coaxials are much easier to fly, and the micros (which weren't available back then) are very durable. Everyone has their opinion on which is best to learn on, but those are the contributing factors as far as I'm concerned; Durable(micro) + Easy-to-fly(coaxial) = Micro Coaxial. Just stick with something "hobby grade", and don't get an airhog!

¢
Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xl8er
now only if I could one of those dang reset buttons on my radio.
Wouldn't that be awesome? Of course someone like Bill Gates would come up with it, and every time you pushed the button, you're bank account would be charged.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by helibrian
Wouldn't that be awesome? Of course someone like Bill Gates would come up with it, and every time you pushed the button, you're bank account would be charged.
lol,
Old 01-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default help is only a call away or click away

ALLSPEED ,first know that learnin to fly a heli takes patience -and i agree get rid of the heli u have now-go to runryder.com look in the for sale section at the electrics get a trex 450 or trex 500- and try to find some one in ur area to learn with most of us heli guys enjoy teaching/sharing with the new guy-also if u go to helifreak.com there is videos that will help u on ur way-

u dont need a sim or coaxil heli i started out with a trex 600 (a big electric )
took 3 months -and 1 crash but i finally got it to hover -then i found some local guys -my skills improved with their help ,so first get rid of wut u have and find the one u can afford/want do alot of research -ask questions then decide-if u need help pm me or shoot me an email ill gladly help any way i can.
albert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.