Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Help identifying a plane. >

Help identifying a plane.

Help identifying a plane.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Help identifying a plane.

A buddy of mine gave me this foam Hobby Zone rc plane that he had for helping him move. It was crashed before and has some damage. Also he has misplaced the transmitter so I'm trying to find more info on it to order it.
Attached Thumbnails Help identifying a plane.-img00142-20100621-2012.jpg   Help identifying a plane.-img00143-20100621-2012.jpg  
Old 06-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Rookie

That is a HobbyZone Super Cub. It is an AWESOME plane, and very moddable, check the web & youTube for ideas. It LOOKS like it has already been modded to run a brushless outrunner, but can't be sure from the photo. If so, it no longer has the stock receiver/ESC unit that comes with it. Take a look inside the fuselage, and see if you can spot a plastic rectangular box (it should be black, but not sure if it ALWAYS was black). It would be about 1.5" wide, 2.5-3" long, and about 1/2" high. If you see it, that's the stock ESC/Receiver unit.

Bill
Old 06-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Its just missing the cowling.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Cowling was damaged enough that it wasn't worth fixing. The mount has a tab broke off and the motor is held on by zip ties. I found an aluminum mount for it but I'm on a pretty tight budget so the transmitter will be it for now. It still has the stock reciever/esc. I'll probably whip something up at work for the motor mount before I fly it.

Will any transmitter and crystal set work?