Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New EDF A10 Warthog

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Team Tekin

Default New EDF A10 Warthog

Just picked one of these up and it showed up yesterday! Finally had a chance to finish the assembly tonight.

Twin 64mm EDF
Twin 35A ESC
Twin 3950kV outrunners
3S Lipo (think 4S might be amazing)
Rertractable landing gear
Steerable nose gear
6ch 2.4ghz radio system

Only thing I may change is that awful cream color to a radar grey, darker than the existing grey.

Any other jet pilots out there??!!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I have a jet, and have had a couple before, an plan on building another one. Is it pneumatic gears on it? I bought a f18 with twin 90mm fans on it, hooked it all up and heard the pump start, kinda funny hearing it run all the time but it works. Also I kinda like the cream, where dod you buy it from?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by interplanet
I have a jet, and have had a couple before, an plan on building another one. Is it pneumatic gears on it? I bought a f18 with twin 90mm fans on it, hooked it all up and heard the pump start, kinda funny hearing it run all the time but it works. Also I kinda like the cream, where dod you buy it from?
They are servo controlled mechanicals...I still don't know the difference between electronic and mechanical since these use a servo but they work nice so I'm not complaining! I also put a servo rate reducer on the channel for the retracts, slowed them way down so they take about 4 seconds to get full movement either way.

Maiden is today, probably in about a half hour! I'm nervous/excited!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good luck on the Maiden!! Is that from BananaHobby? I've been looking at a few of their planes - but too nervous to buy online having never actually seen one in person.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by ChadBlanton
Good luck on the Maiden!! Is that from BananaHobby? I've been looking at a few of their planes - but too nervous to buy online having never actually seen one in person.
Maiden was a complete success! It's nerve racking flying a jet (first time flying a jet, first time flying this particular one as well) with everyone from work watching! She flew great, a little hairy til I got the trims figured out! Decently fast but I really wish it had rudder control. That may be my first mod on this plane. About a 6 minute flight, plenty of low passes and it looks so awesome flying by slow bringing the gear up.

Yes, this plane was purchased from Banana Hobby, despite all the bad things I have read about them. My plane showed up one week after I ordered it in perfect shape. Everything worked and the first two flights were a success. I even landed it on the narrow road in front of the shop!....then it coasted into the ditch lol. No damage, just a slightly bent nose gear. Major fun! Next flight will be at the school, plenty of open sky and a huge parking lot to land in.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

electric retracts are a newer thing, the "servo" is part of the retract built directly in the unit, mech retracts need an servo to operate them that is not part of the entire unit.

Good luck on the madien.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by interplanet
electric retracts are a newer thing, the "servo" is part of the retract built directly in the unit, mech retracts need an servo to operate them that is not part of the entire unit.

Good luck on the madien.
Gotcha. Mine are mechanicals then. The maiden went well! COG was a little far back but it was a success!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That plane is so awsome. I might have to get rid of the wheels and get into flying as cool as that looks.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by cloud9graffix
That plane is so awsome. I might have to get rid of the wheels and get into flying as cool as that looks.
Definitely don't get rid of the wheels, but I can't complain for an RTF Jet priced under $300. The next one I'm getting is the F22 Raptor, should be awesome!