Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E flite CP

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default E flite CP

What do you need to do to upgrade it from nimah pack to lipo and to go to the 2.4ghz radio as well
Old 03-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Not 100 percent sure that it CAN be changed.

E-Flite has upgraded the Blade CP to the Blade CP+. The CP+ uses a 3-in-1 unit with a seperate receiver, as where the CP uses a 4-in-1 unit with the receiver integrated into it. I'm guessing that if you wanted to switch to 2.4ghz you would need to get a 3-in-1 unit from thr CP+ and a receiver. The CP+ has a 72mhz receiver, so you would probably need to get the Spektrum AR6100e that the CX3 uses, and a Spektrum transmitter. That would also take care of the LiPo issue as well, Because the CP+ uses LiPos rather than NiMh. The ESC needs to have a LiPo voltage cutoff circuit built in, and I don't know if the ESC on the CP's 4-in-1 unit has one.

Best thing to do would be to check with E-Flite though to make sure that this would even work.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

FYI the CP is being discontinued due to the new SR's release.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Are they doing that with all the cp units or just the oldest one witch is the cp and not the cp pro or cp pro 2
Old 03-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The CP Pro 2 is done for and well all previous models have been gone for awhile. We, as in the hobby shop I work at, were sending back our CP Pro 2's to Horizon because they will never sell again with the SR's release and they said everyone was doing that, they had tons of them being returned.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

The SR is virtually the same heli as the CP Pro2 with an improved main frame and landing gear. It's about freaking time IMO.

As for the original question, all you need to do to change over to lipo from nimh, is get yourself a lipo batt and plug it in. I used to use a TP 1320mah in my original cp, but anything from 800-1000mah will be a huge improvement over the nimh.

As far as going to 2.4ghz, I guess the route I would go would depend on what you have to start out with. I mean, do you already have a 2.4ghz radio? Got an RX lying around? Does your CP currently have a 3-in-1 or a 4-in1?

The Capn's right, all you really need is a 3-in-1 (EFLH1031 about $45) and a 6+ channel 2.4ghz radio and receiver (doesn't have to be spektrum. prices vary.) and you're good to go.

Personally, if it's an original CP, I'd sell it on ebay or throw it in the trash, but recently, I took a friend's cp and upgraded it to CP Pro2(ish) by adding;

a 2-in-one ($35 retail),
a 6100e rx, which he already had (he already had a radio too),
DD tail motor conversion kit ($15 retail),
eflight 110 HH gyro ($65 retail(18 bucks on ebay)),
and the eflight main motor ($15 retail).

It's an incredible improvement over the original CP.

Now, he didn't pay retail for his parts, but you can see if he did, it would cost 83-130 bucks and that's not including the price of the TX/RX. A new BNF CP pro2 goes for about 170 so I guess it's a savings of a few bucks. You'll wanna give it a think before you get into over upgrading a Blade CP.

good luck!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

BTW, I believe eflite is going to squeeze a bit more milage out of the CP+, so the lineup will be SR and CP+. The pros and everything else is going away.