Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
E-Flite P-40 Warhawk >

E-Flite P-40 Warhawk

E-Flite P-40 Warhawk

Old 03-23-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I went with the SuperCub LP as well. From everything I have read I don't think you will find a more scale looking 3ch plane to learn with. I nearly bought one of the Cessna 182 skylines but since i am teaching myself I realized I'd be better off sans ailerons.

\\edit: Got my cub yesterday(tues). The wind had been about 5mph all weekend and monday and tuesday. then when i got home and put the plane together the wind was all of a sudden about 30mph right up until about O'dark-thirty when it was completely calm again...lol... hoping for better flight conditions today but according to usairnet its probably gonna be thursday. i don't know if i can take the wait...

Last edited by skeptikal; 03-24-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

good luck on your frist flight. I hope you enjoy it no matter what happens and don't give up. oh don't for get to bring some CA and kicker dam gravity or stupid dumb thumbs have a good one fly safely.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ddj14
i got this plane for xmas
but i havent been able to make it work
i follow the intructions and well nothing it still wont go or anything
any ideas whats wrong with it?
check and make sure everything is pluged into the reciver correctly.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by exit44rc
Is the p-40 more "touchy" than the parkzone ultra-micro p-51? I have the p-51 and it is pretty responsive. Would like a larger airplane to learn something different than helis.

Not sure about buying an airplane that doesn't have a rudder. Any thoughts?
flying with out a rudder isn't much diffrent except you can make sharper turns and the plane will bank alot nicer and roll cleaner. most people who fly
4 or more channles rearly thouch the rudder when flying. hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by xl8er
flying with out a rudder isn't much diffrent except you can make sharper turns and the plane will bank alot nicer and roll cleaner. most people who fly
4 or more channles rearly thouch the rudder when flying. hope this helps.
i use rudder all the time, I even have it coupled to mixes on a couple of planes to get cleaner rolls and knife edges. Once you become a better pilot you can make yourself look even better by learning how to setupa plane/tx,
its just like setting up a car, there are alot of different tweaks to make it handle better, and there is a huge difference between a well setup plane, and one that just flys.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by interplanet
i use rudder all the time, I even have it coupled to mixes on a couple of planes to get cleaner rolls and knife edges. Once you become a better pilot you can make yourself look even better by learning how to setupa plane/tx,
its just like setting up a car, there are alot of different tweaks to make it handle better, and there is a huge difference between a well setup plane, and one that just flys.
hey don't get me wrong i do use my rudder also but if you go to the flight filed and watch most people don't use there rudder unless ther flying pattern or 3d
Old 03-26-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xl8er
hey don't get me wrong i do use my rudder also but if you go to the flight filed and watch most people don't use there rudder unless ther flying pattern or 3d
looking at your avitar I wouldnt use rudder on that either. It all depends, I have a couple of scale planes as well that I use rudder for. I also have had biplanes that will only turn on rudder, its hard to explain but it happens.

Then you have the times where you need to use rudder in case of emergencys or skilled landings such as a side slip landing.

But I do have some basics like a spitfire warbird and a couple of wings and slope planes that are 3 channel only.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

also if you are looking for a scale looking warbird I would go with the parkzone p51 or messerschmitt bf 109, both are larger than the p-40 by quite a bit, and being that the p40 is an arf it'll cost you almost the same amount to get it in the air, if you want something bigger than that, go with the t-28.

Now if you want a scale foamy sport plane parkzone recently anounced the
extra 300 in z foam, which is going to be a killer plane.
Attached Thumbnails E-Flite P-40 Warhawk-extra300backview.jpg   E-Flite P-40 Warhawk-extra300onthegreen.jpg