Community
Wiki Posts
Search

heli for newbie

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
hmmm.. is that 4G1B really good for beginners?
Well it's a fixed pitch 4 ch so it's easier to fly than 6ch variable pitch, but once you get the hang of it you can't really do advancted stuff with it. It's harder to fly than the coaxial, but it's closer to the way a 6ch flies. As you saw in the video it's pretty flexible and light so hard landings won't damage it.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherokee
I also disagree with a CP for a first heli, the thing is going to spend 60% of its time on its side, the other 39% of the time he will be re setting the thing up, with 1% for flying....errrr sliding around and hitting stuff.
really depends on the person I guess sim first then CP = awesome for me - I had 4ch, 3ch, 2ch, FP - they all gave me bad ideas on how to fly a heli for when it came time to fly a CP - was a total relearn.

Plus - most 450 parts are under 10 bucks - hard crash only costs 30 ~ 40 bucks at most here