Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
E-FLITE blade mcx >

E-FLITE blade mcx

E-FLITE blade mcx

Old 10-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default E-FLITE blade mcx

Just got one of these last night and wow its some major fun inside the house and in the garage.. does anyone know when the glow in the dark parts will be out for this bad boy? Also where is the best place to orde parts for the eflite?
Old 10-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

www.horizonhobby.com

handles e-flight stuff. The glow in the dark stuff is on backorder right now. But they have other parts for it. It's amazing how small they're making stuff now.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I got one yesterday. Thing is a TON of fun!

im loving it. So much, there is a T-rex 450 on its way
Old 10-13-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I also got one of these this past weekend. Most fun I have had w/ an RC in years. Already took out two flouresant lights in my shop I picked mine up at the Track in MD, and they had the glow in the dark parts in stock at the shop.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I got one yesterday. Thing is a TON of fun!

im loving it. So much, there is a T-rex 450 on its way

Oh.....you're in deep now!

Originally Posted by A. Rhodes
I also got one of these this past weekend. Most fun I have had w/ an RC in years. Already took out two flouresant lights in my shop I picked mine up at the Track in MD, and they had the glow in the dark parts in stock at the shop.

It's funny how the mini stuff turns out to be the most fun.
Two of them? You didn't learn the first time did you? Been there. Besides light fixtures, a couple years ago, I took out my guitar with my t-rex in the basement. Two big slashes right through the body of it. (acoustic)
In fact a friend of mine took out his own finger (still has bits of carbon fiber under his skin), and my back with the same heli.(I turned away just in time to avoid having it cuisinart my face)
We laughed all the way to the emergency room.
These things can turn the most stoic of us into giggling children.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Rookie

I LOVE mine! I picked mine up from the hobby shop 2 hours after they got delivered there. I had been waiting and waiting, and they finally came in
Old 10-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Picked one up this weekend and it's so much more fun to fly indoors than the CX2 I had, maybe people with mansions can fly a CX2 indoors and have fun with it.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helibrian
Oh.....you're in deep now!

Ohhh yeah. I have always wanted to take the plunge. And now is the time
Old 10-23-2008, 05:28 PM
BM1
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
Just got one of these last night and wow its some major fun inside the house and in the garage.. does anyone know when the glow in the dark parts will be out for this bad boy? Also where is the best place to orde parts for the eflite?
www.Hobby-Lobby.com They have all the glow in the dark parts in stock as well as many replacement parts.

Here's a link to the glow upgrades:

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/blade-mcx...m#BladeUpgrade

Last edited by BM1; 10-24-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

These things are awesome they take a pounding too. I fly one around our LHS, and after many many clipped signs and 8ft falls to the ground, ive only managed to break the upper rotor head

Also, for those who want a little more forward out of it, tape a dime to the front of the nose
Old 12-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks geeunit for the dime tip. does it still lift ok with the added weight?

bah, what does it matter, im gonna try it anyways.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Got one about 3wks ago and its been a blast!! Have managed to break one uppee blade set only and I'm actually getting better, lol!! I'll have to try the dime trick. It is a little strange it flies in reverse about 2x what it does in fwd.

Mine does a little better if I move elevator stick fwd and back, fwd and back while flying fwd - it goes faster than just holding it. Mine sems to almot stop going fwd after several feet if I just hold it fwd.

I bough a few extra lipos too - makes the fun last longer!! Was exploring the other day and saw a bigger 1S lipo, think it was a 135mah, but I can't seem to find it again.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

well, i broke my blade shaft at the top, and everyone is telling me there is at least a 2 week wait for it. So the guy at my local hobby shop helped me fix it with a little model glue and some .31 brass tubing cut .25" long
Old 12-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

anyone know if there are any aluminum or carbon fiber parts in the works for this thing? I could use something a bit stronger than plastic.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gotta say the best heli made! Off work because of knee surgery and this is keeping me from killing myself.

Flies wierd when the furnace kicks on, funny small amounts of airflow makes a big difference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.