what does everyone think of this plane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what does everyone think of this plane?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default what does everyone think of this plane?

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdId=HAN4400

so this plane is comming out in about a week what does eveyone think for a trainer?
Old 08-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Trainer

Hangar9 makes a good product. I am not familiar with this one.
Check this one out. It is probably the best trainer on the market and it comes with a interface and realflight computer disc to practice on your computer. I would highly recommend it.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXEXK2**&P=0
Old 08-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rdcracer
Hangar9 makes a good product. I am not familiar with this one.
Check this one out. It is probably the best trainer on the market and it comes with a interface and realflight computer disc to practice on your computer. I would highly recommend it.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXEXK2**&P=0
i have flown the nextstar for many years and it is to easy after about 3 flight s you will want something more complicated i started on that plane i would recommend you get the tower trainer mk11 arf it is cheap and a great starter plane you can put what you want in it and it also come rtf if you want
Old 08-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

i have heard great stuff about the alpha a good buddy of mine just got one but hasn't put it together yet hanger 9 is supposed to be good stuff though
Old 08-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Rookie

I've taught a few people to fly using the nitro version of this plane including a 9 year old. The nitro version flew very well and I have been waiting for an electric version to recommend to people. I say go for it.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruggydriver
http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdId=HAN4400

so this plane is comming out in about a week what does eveyone think for a trainer?
I've been flying for 25 years, I personally like the looks of the Hanger 9 trainer you picked out. It has a generous amount of wing area and should be plenty stable. The other trainer mentioned is a bit larger at 68" winspan which might be a little easier at first. I don't think you need all that "active stabilization", anti stall, speed brakes stuff etc etc. That just complicates things and are simply more things to worry about. IMO, all you need is a flat bottomed trainer, 4 channels, a buddy cord system and a good instructor. You should be able to solo in about a month. Good luck!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

ya i acually picked it up today very beautiful plane a huge jump from the t28 parkzone im going to get ahold of an instuctor and he said he will take me up for a 6 pack of beer i think ill get him a 24 pack so he knows im serious lol but i looked on hangar9 website last night it says 599.99 and i went to the store and it was 299.99 so i said maybe it was a mistake so i called around other hobby shops and they all said 499 and 599 so i bought it i dont know if it was marked wrong or what but 300 dollers for a 5-6hundred doller plane.. nice!
Old 09-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

nice find ruggydriver. looks like a beautiful plane and seams you bought it at a steal. you should find that easy to fly and a great plane to learn on and hold onto for 6 - 12 months when you go down to a low wing trainer.

hanger9 make great products. never hear a bad thing about them.