Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wendsday .. no misshaps are the blades made to shear
Old 02-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

they have a rubber edge which works well i flew it straight into my pickup today and neither one was hurt dont you love 20 mph wind gusts
Old 02-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

wow! thats good to know. im sure ill have my fair share of hard, um "landings" and the kid will to. we had fun wih the air hogs micro. but the cat took it out of the air from the back of the couch. and broke the main prop and i can' find a replacement. just the rear roto... thank you for answering all my questions.. and the pics. i hope u have great fun with your chopper. if you have a faital landing.. please inform me on your suirgery i hope u don't have to
Old 02-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

i had one ummm yeah hard landing but the skids are aluminum on mine it fell 40 feet out of the air split the hollow aluminum skid i shoved a plastic tube in it and taped over the split area till i get the money to fix it right replacement parts the entire skid assembely is only 5 bucks i also broke the body post that is only 2 bucks besides anything thats the neighbor hood run for cover is fun am i right lol
Old 02-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

well the parts u mention sound like the ones that'ill break often at least their cheap and thatsound like a good rig job
Old 02-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

yeah gona try a bigger area tomorrow supposed to be warmer too spare batteries for it are like 8 bucks
Old 02-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

is ti hard to get it to go forward back in "92" a guy in my hood had a fairly large chopper huey replica and he would fly it at our local baseball field and i would watch usualy w my traxxas controler in hand he would only hover foward a little and back and side to side only little bits at a time he said it was incretibly hard to control but that was when gyros wern't common i belive
Old 02-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

not bad could be worse my bad habbit is throwing the throttle all the way forward almost sending it to mars or a tree top whichever comes first havent got it stuck yet but did manage to land it on top of my house today i'm still in the trial and error phase so far hovering is the hard part
Old 02-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

the way it sounds the controls on yours is like the controls for the air hogs i belive the dude who had the huey had a set throtle stick
Old 02-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would think you would be better off getting something from Eflite, rather than something that you cant really get parts for. Most hobby shops who are horizon dealers carry a full line of eflite heli parts. I started RC helis with a Blade 400 this xmas. And after racing cars and trucks for 7 or 8 years, im in love with Helis. I now have 3.5, 2 Thunder Tiger Mini Titans, with a spare parts heli, and the Blade 400.

The Blade CX2 would be a good start, and pretty darn good training if you ever move up to something bigger. It comes with everything you need in the box and can even be upgraded.

Stay away from the Blade CP family they are far too unstable.

The Blade 400(which has about a 2 foot rotor span) also comes with everything you need, plus a Spektrum DX6i which is a computer radio with 10 model memory, 2.4ghz, and can be used on your next heli should you choose to get one. I use it in my Mini Titans.

And if you really like helis skip the RTF business and go straight for a Kit, a Trex or a Mini Titan would do.

Edit for fun heres some pics
this is my Blade 400 next to a Mini titan

My blade 400 next to a blade CP(the one in the back) to show the size

Heres me attempting to fly the Blade 400 shortly after i got it

Last edited by primusblowsgoat; 02-25-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: adding pics
Old 03-01-2008, 03:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new helli

hi there , I you are looking to get into hellis then a co-axal is good start, 'caution' not many 'actualy' fly staight from the box, just means that everything you need to fly is there , best to stay away from anything under 4channels as control is VERY limited you need a channel for throttle, a channel for rudder, a channel for aileron,a channel for forward reverse flight, the horse ones are fun in large areas but will not teach you how to fly a 4ch or higher.they only go up down ,left right, you can weight the nose to get forward motion but thats it.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dondecap
hi there , I you are looking to get into hellis then a co-axal is good start, 'caution' not many 'actualy' fly staight from the box, just means that everything you need to fly is there , best to stay away from anything under 4channels as control is VERY limited you need a channel for throttle, a channel for rudder, a channel for aileron,a channel for forward reverse flight, the horse ones are fun in large areas but will not teach you how to fly a 4ch or higher.they only go up down ,left right, you can weight the nose to get forward motion but thats it.
thanks for the info
Old 03-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by primusblowsgoat
I would think you would be better off getting something from Eflite, rather than something that you cant really get parts for. Most hobby shops who are horizon dealers carry a full line of eflite heli parts. I started RC helis with a Blade 400 this xmas. And after racing cars and trucks for 7 or 8 years, im in love with Helis. I now have 3.5, 2 Thunder Tiger Mini Titans, with a spare parts heli, and the Blade 400.

The Blade CX2 would be a good start, and pretty darn good training if you ever move up to something bigger. It comes with everything you need in the box and can even be upgraded.

Stay away from the Blade CP family they are far too unstable.

The Blade 400(which has about a 2 foot rotor span) also comes with everything you need, plus a Spektrum DX6i which is a computer radio with 10 model memory, 2.4ghz, and can be used on your next heli should you choose to get one. I use it in my Mini Titans.

And if you really like helis skip the RTF business and go straight for a Kit, a Trex or a Mini Titan would do.

Edit for fun heres some pics
this is my Blade 400 next to a Mini titan

My blade 400 next to a blade CP(the one in the back) to show the size

Heres me attempting to fly the Blade 400 shortly after i got it
nice pics thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

i have a pigeon 450 m1 and it is awsome all the trex 450 parts are the exact same and this thing flys awsome
Old 03-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

i am still collecting info just kinda got off track lookin for a edm still undisided of what i want in a chopper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.