Community
Wiki Posts
Search

**VULCAN 450 SE**

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default **VULCAN 450 SE**

Hello, i was searching around for helicopter kits because i am very interested in flying one. i found this kit which is all metal for 169.99(IN THE LINK BELOW) and supposably it can also use the Trex 450 SE parts. The only thing that i dont understand is if i were to get this kit. where would i mount the servos/motor. Thanks, WussaabiE

http://www.xheli.com/newme3daeccr.html
Old 08-16-2007, 12:59 PM

The servos will mount on the small blue brackets that are on the main shaft just below the main rotor head, and the motor hangs down off of the upper plate just in front of the main drive gear.
And the tail rotor servo mounts are on the tail boom, it is all very similar to a trex except for the main servo location.
That heli needs a radio system capable of CCPM flight.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Rookie

whats ccmp flight?
Old 08-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Rookie

what kind of servos are compatable?

what kind of engine is compatable(elec.)

and
Old 08-16-2007, 06:58 PM

Looks like you have alot to learn about heli's.
Try this site for information where you can start at the begining, There is a lot involved operating RC helis, much more than we can go over here.
Go to the helicopter section to get started, check back here and let us know how you are doing.
Good Luck!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/university/
Old 08-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Try to stick with Align as parts are everywhere.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the help. but could someone help me pick out a transmitter, receiver, servos, and a gyro to help me set up a possible build to buy. thanks.

Also, i was wondering what was so much better about the Trex 450 SE kit that it costs around 500 dollars vs. this kit which is also a lot of metal?

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE YOUR THE GREATEST!
Old 08-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would recommend the following:

Radio: DX7
Cyclic Servos: Hitec HS65MG
Gyro: Logitech 2100
Tail servo: Futaba 3154

Can't comment on the Vulcan quality but if you can get parts easily, then go for it as that the most important factor when deciding I believe.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

Wussabbie - as a newbie to heli flying, you do NOT want this heli. It comes with no instructions whatsoever!! Judging by your questions, you don't have enough knowledge to tackle this one yet.

Additionally, the cost of the heli is just a fraction of what you're going to end up spending unless you get an ARF package, which I haven't seen for this heli. You'll need 3 pitch servos, a tail servo, motor, esc, receiver, transmitter, gyro, battery, charger, a bunch of tools and plenty of spare parts. That can run into some big $$$.

Tool-wise, you'll need a set of good, hardened steel hex drivers and phillips-head screwdrivers, thread lock compound, a balancer, pitch gauge, ball-link pliers, ball-link resizer and other assorted stuff.

Better that you go with an RTF heli package of which many are available, or bite the bullet and get a Trex 450SA. At least with the Trex, theres a book and plenty of how-to videos online. An alternative to the Vulcan is the HeliDirect HDX 450. There is a video series available to guide you through the assembly and setup of that as well.

Start off with something easier to fly that you don't have to assemble and setup and go from there. Not trying to discourage you, but to save you from a lot of frustration. It helps to find someone locally who is into RC helis and knows all about them and is willing to mentor you.

Unless you go the RTF route, RC helis are all about the journey (learning how it all works and spending a LOT of time doing setup and tweaking - then repairs, hop-ups and mods) and not about going right out there and flying like a pro.

Good luck.

Last edited by Dale_G; 08-29-2007 at 05:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Rookie

this VULCAN 450 SE, i see its not complete heli, does anyone actually put this thing together and resell it? Or just the body/frame is sold and the rest must be bought separately?