Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new to scene

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default new to scene

hey guys i just bought a twister bell 47 and it should arrive here either 2morow or on monday but im hoping itll arrive 2moz lol...well i was wondering if there are any things i should do b4 i get started apart from charging the batt n stuff??

and are there any basics i should do wen im flying to prevent other things from happening?? ive never flown anything and this is my 1st air vehicle ... ive been onroad nearly all my life and recently offroad....and i thought i would try somthing different for once.....

any help would be appreciated thanks
Old 05-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Lol. First, I would suggest checking to see what the LHS has for parts. You'll need them. Most suggest learning from a PC based flying program. I'm cheap and learning the hard way and I now see why others reccomend it.

Second, I would suggest reading any manual or instructions that come with it. Some are very good at helping you set trims and mixers to be more stable when first starting.

Third, start by hovering. Mark off about a 4' X 4' square. If you can handle hovering it in that square, you are ready to try the next step. Flying it. Lol.

Good luck.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

o yeah i done all that...the lhs i got it from is like a 2 hour drive away BUT i can get the parts posted from there the next day and they pretty much always have em in stock.....

i read the manuals and stuff and spent about an hour trying to find the servo reverse switches on the TX lol...then i relised it dosnt have any like WTF lol

i already broke the blades on the chopper and 2 of the spares.. now im running with 2 glued up blades wich aint very good lol...

im getting a whole new set of blades 2moz 2 upper blades 2 lower and im getting the balancer thingy on the top and another 3 sets of blades on tuesday....pretty cheap if u ask me around 50 bucks all up..

i broke the tailboom abit but dosnt realy matter...it still runs lol
Old 05-20-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Well, I wasn't familiar with your heli. Sounds like it has the two blade setup like the CX. That should be a lot easier to fly. Note I said easier, not simple. As you've found out, they crash too.

I flew the Blade CX at the LHS, and I did very well with it. Figured I'd get bored with it quick. That's why I went with the CP. It has proven to be a challenge. I'll get the hang of it yet. Lol.

It's all good as long as you're having fun.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

yup counter rotatiing blades...realy annoying tho..i ordered 4 sets of upper and lower blades and a weight thing on the top...i dno y it vibrates tho..i think its the weight thing because i had to use a diff weight in 1 side but its the same weight exactly