Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
Where do you do your boating? >

Where do you do your boating?

Where do you do your boating?

Old 12-14-2015, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Where do you do your boating?

I have only owned off road rc and just got to thinking where you guys run your stuff. I have a pool at my house and a lake about 15 away. Where do you go?
Old 12-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I live in the Bay Area. There's a marina close to my work. My work doesn't start till 2:30 pm, so I go leave the house early and used 2 bats then to work. That's if the swells aren't too bad. Proboat miss geico 24, 3s lipo, hauls azz.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rgamit
I live in the Bay Area. There's a marina close to my work. My work doesn't start till 2:30 pm, so I go leave the house early and used 2 bats then to work. That's if the swells aren't too bad. Proboat miss geico 24, 3s lipo, hauls azz.

How cool! What happens if there is a tech failure like in your transmitter. Is it just gone? Haha
Old 12-15-2015, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Just make sure you have someway to recover it if something happens, I tennis ball with a fishing real works well.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

There's guys out there with boats and stuff. 1 time, my boat capsized and a guy with his canoe retrieved it for me. He was cool, doing his hobby too.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Suspended

I have several locations all within a 20 minute walk or 5 minute drive Im locaterd in Mi. on detroit river lake erie.. I run mostle at young patriots park NO GAS allowed.. also the DTE feed canal for power plant..i have also run in a few lagoons on lake erie .all places have a flow and catch screens well rebar so models get caught just wait for them but i do have a quad to retrieve my lost ones.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rive...KthtKGUOTHg%3D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyoB3aB10CU

http://www.aerialpics.com/B/dte.html
Old 12-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

I've got lakes and ponds within 2 miles of my house but generally to one about 8 miles away. We've usually got the whole lake to ourselves.
Use something like Google Earth to find a place to run. With all of the water near me, some are weed-choked. I rarely have a problem running nitro or gas boats where I go.
Avoid swimmers or places with heavy boat traffic.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ben42
I have only owned off road rc and just got to thinking where you guys run your stuff. I have a pool at my house and a lake about 15 away. Where do you go?
Probably best to find a local club. I am a member of MMEU here in Michigan. Our pond is at 23 and Vandyke. We race 6 times per year and host the 'Michigan Cup'. We hosted the FE nationals in 2014.