Search

jae gas rigger tracking right

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default jae gas rigger tracking right

Just purchased a used rigger,the guy told me he was having a problem getting it to track straight. I thought I read something about cutting the top of the turn fin by an inch or so and remounting it. I have dialed left trim into it which does help some but not enough and I think that just causes excess drag, any thoughts guys?
Old 09-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

put 2 degrees of right thrust in the strut first run it then if needed add 1/8 angle in on right front sponson. make sure your sponsons are straight on each side of hull then put 1/8 angle in on right front sponson
Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

I saw on another site that you got the issue taken care of. Mine would run in a straight line with only my hand on the throttle. I had Mike Walker build mine as I didn't want to mess it up and he built it with toe-in on the right sponson.
I sold it a few months ago as I picked up my Warlock from Kevin Sheren. It's not that I didn't like the boat but it was hard to transport and heavy. The heavy part made it run very well in rough water though.
Now, go play with the pipe and props!

Last edited by Ron Olson; 04-28-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

As an addition for others reading this, a left side mounted rudder would also help it to track straighter as it aids in equalizing the drag from the turn fin. In your case, if you used the Zippkits rudder, it can't be used on the left side as it isn't reversible.