Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
At river and need help with supervee 27!!! >

At river and need help with supervee 27!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

At river and need help with supervee 27!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default At river and need help with supervee 27!!!

hey guys im new to this boating stuff and i just bought a supervee 27 used from someone. it is stock but had a brass prop on it. the problem im having is that it will not plain at all and seems like it has the power to get up and go but seems like the prop cant move it. so i went and bought the stock plastic prop and it did a little better but still wont plain and run like on the videos. if i toss it while on the gas it hauls ass just wondering if anyone can help me cause im completely lost. im running 2 2cell lipos and stock everything except i have my m11 hooked up to it and i took the rear fins off not the trim tabs but the other oes cause i couldnt get it to turn. like i said any help would be appreciated cause i would like to run it tomorrow thanks in advance.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

im thinking the previous owner had the shaft to the prop in to much so i pulled it out a little from where it meets the motor and feels a little more free than before with less binding so hopefully this helps
Old 06-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

You might have answered your own question. I could see the problems with the nitro version but not the electric. With my nitro and gas boats I give them a toss to get them going and to prevent cavitation. Yours might be just cavitating from trying to accelerate too quickly. If you're trying to spin a prop that's too large then you can have problems getting it going and up to speed also. An Octura X-440 or the GrimRacer 40 x 53 should be a good prop for it. If your battery pack isn't up to snuff not having enough mah's it could be hurting performance. The trim tabs and turn fins aren't what's killing the boat so you can put them back on.
Being a used boat could be a sign that it was abused and the previous owner passed his problems along to you. He may have partially cooked the motor by over-propping it or did some ESC damage.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Smile Hey Tmoney,,

Hey T,,if the boat came with the brass prop on it,,it was probably a upgrade to make the bot get a little more speed,,lie you mentioned,,the pro could be just little over tightened,,but also with the brushless and nitro versions,,you do have to keep your flex shaft greased after every hour or so of use with like Grim Racer grease,,your flex shaft could be running dry in stuffing tube and they will start to fray if not kept greased,,so you have to pull them out to keep them greased to keep them smooth and free spinning,,also you need to at least run a 25C to 30C rated constant lipo pair in the supervee to give it sufficient power to run stong,,1 other thing,,,most guys remove rudder to ship,,if you recieved the boat and rudder was removed,,you may not have rudder/prop shaft adjusted deep or shallow enough to get the boat to plain up,,the supervee's do take a few seconds to get up and start moving to plain,,definately put your fins back on,,the do keep the boat more stable,,
i would pull the flex shaft out to check the grease and make sure your prop/rudder is adjustd right,,hope this helps if you ont have the issue solved just yet,,good luck to you,,Bobby
Old 06-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

thanks alot silverdragon i will look at the flex shaft and make sure its greased. i ended up putting the stock prop on and it helped but it seemed me pulling the flex shaft out a 1/4 inch helped also but im gunna try greasing the shaft and hopefully that helps. it would plain but if it washed out it wouldnt plain again i will keep u updated

Originally Posted by SILVERDRAGON
Hey T,,if the boat came with the brass prop on it,,it was probably a upgrade to make the bot get a little more speed,,lie you mentioned,,the pro could be just little over tightened,,but also with the brushless and nitro versions,,you do have to keep your flex shaft greased after every hour or so of use with like Grim Racer grease,,your flex shaft could be running dry in stuffing tube and they will start to fray if not kept greased,,so you have to pull them out to keep them greased to keep them smooth and free spinning,,also you need to at least run a 25C to 30C rated constant lipo pair in the supervee to give it sufficient power to run stong,,1 other thing,,,most guys remove rudder to ship,,if you recieved the boat and rudder was removed,,you may not have rudder/prop shaft adjusted deep or shallow enough to get the boat to plain up,,the supervee's do take a few seconds to get up and start moving to plain,,definately put your fins back on,,the do keep the boat more stable,,
i would pull the flex shaft out to check the grease and make sure your prop/rudder is adjustd right,,hope this helps if you ont have the issue solved just yet,,good luck to you,,Bobby
Old 06-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

what would be a good upgrade motor and esc wise from hobbyking? any help would be appreciated. i know that the boat currently has a 1800 kv motor as stock and im thinking of going up to a 3600 or so what esc and motor and prop please help
Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Good to see that you found part or most of the problem yourself. The cable needs a 3/16" gap between the drive dog and strut to allow for cable wind-up. Without it things can get really ugly (and expensive) but don't ask me how I know!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
Good to see that you found part or most of the problem yourself. The cable needs a 3/16" gap between the drive dog and strut to allow for cable wind-up. Without it things can get really ugly (and expensive) but don't ask me how I know!
ya i figured that out lol i mean just doing that helped out alot but its still like an act of god to get it up on plane. thinking about just upgrading to a bigger motor
Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by $Tmoney$
ya i figured that out lol i mean just doing that helped out alot but its still like an act of god to get it up on plane. thinking about just upgrading to a bigger motor
I ran the stock motor on 2-7.4 lipos and a Grimracer 42-55 prop and it was the fastest boat in the SV class at our boat club.

What about your battery placement? Too far forward and you will stay wet...