Wiki Posts
Search

Broken drive lines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Broken drive lines

I have a rio 51 with a redline mod motor. I am braking the stock drive line over and over. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Anybody know where I can get a custom drive line or how to fix the stock rio drive lines???
Old 05-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

This seems to be a common problem on the Rio 51's so you're not alone by a long shot. I've heard of people fixing it with silver solder or Loc-Tite (I don't know which one). Trying a different brand of cable won't do you any good as their cables are made only for AquaCraft boats. We had a guy join up with us last summer that has a Rio 51 with the same exact issue. I would like to take his boat for a day or so to see if I could figure out a better way to use a regular flex cable. Right now the only real way that I see is to replace the stock strut with one from another company plus possibly the flex cable collet. the only good thing about AquaCraft's cable setup is that when and not if it lets loose, you don't lose the prop.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks I'm looking at redoing the whole drive system do I'll let you know how it goes. I have also put a second rudder on the back to help it turn and well at wot it might as well not have any because it's straight line all the way until out get off the gas
Old 05-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Check to see if the servo has enough torque then the linkage to see if it's weak. It could be flexing and not allowing it to turn at speed.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Prop Prop Prop who's got the right prop

Hey guys,
I just got done building a Rio 51Z with a 30.5c/c mod redline motor. is any out there running mod motorsin a 51Z? And if you are whatprop are you running? This set up is kicking my butt,,,,,and my wallet

Last edited by Medicman202; 05-31-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Error on engine size
Old 05-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Really? Redline only shows a 30.5cc motor as their largest. That would be a 29.5 with a 1mm stroker crank it in. If they have anything bigger, it's not shown on their site.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Initiate

That was a typo on my part it is a 30.5 I'm running a 67/105 three blade now and it's pulling the rpms down on the top end. Anybody have a good suggestion on which prop would give me more speed And rpm?
Old 06-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

You should to be able to turn a 67mm prop easily. Try opening up the high-speed needle a little more if it's falling off at high RPM. Something in at least the 70mm range (7016 or more) is what it should be at least be able to spin.
Anything over 29cc really needs a 1" header and tuned pipe system to let it breathe better. Some are staying with the 7/8" as what's out there right now for the 1" is expensive and using the Zippkit's Super Quiet Tuned Pipe.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm using the bonzi header and dry tuned pipe on the boat I would send a picture by some how my phone will not do it. The prope now is a 67 x 103 three blade should I go to a 67x100 would that bring up the rpm and speed?