Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
Venom King Of Shaves????? >

Venom King Of Shaves?????

Venom King Of Shaves?????

Old 08-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Venom King Of Shaves?????

Has anyone got any info on the Gas version.

Are they Good value??
Old 09-02-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry King of Shaves 58

I purchased a 58" KOS and it was a bad mistake. Its a great looking boat, but, it is very poorly made. The hull is paper thin and will have crackes in the paint very soon, you have to watch how you pick it up because the top of the hull is too thin. I have only run mine one time on a very calm pond and it has over 6 cracks in the top of the hull as of now. When I received the boat the battery box only had 3 screws holding it in place, the ground wire on the engine had a crossed threaded screw, the push rods too short had to remove and almost take all the bend out to install on the rudder and servo, the bell crank was broken, the muffler orings leaked at the header connection, the engine is very hard to start, 15 or 20 pulls if not more, the battery box and lid is already cracked, don't over tighten the lid (cheap thin plastic), beware of the spark plug wire because it will hang on the throttle linkage with the boat wide open throttle (needs coil relocater bracket installed). If your paying list price and don't want to completly overhaul the boat, I'd look at something better. And thats not all could go on and on.

Last edited by epoore202; 09-02-2011 at 03:17 AM. Reason: added text
Old 09-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

epoore202-

Couple questions about your comments. Why do you say the hull is paper thin? and when you say "you have to watch how you pick it up because the top of the hull is too thin." how are you picking it up? you should never pick any boat up by the hatch. You also said "the engine is very hard to start, 15 or 20 pulls if not more" are you priming the engine first?

Did you contact our customer service about the issues you had?

I believe we make great boats.