Wiki Posts
Search

What ESC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default What ESC?

What ESC would be a good one for my kyosho viper ? Any more info on this boat would be great I dont know much about it thanks.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

I would suggest Hobbywing seaking esc. Here is a nice combo for the viper using a 3s (11.1v) lipo: http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-Boat-brushles...item3f08fd9850
Old 05-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Rookie

ESC means Electronic stability control. This is a key on the computer keyboard. In DOS and Windows environments by pressing Escape usually cancels or aborts the current operation. It adds a control unit which controls the steering wheel and vehicle rotation around the vertical axis of the vehicle.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jackeywilliam
ESC means Electronic stability control. This is a key on the computer keyboard. In DOS and Windows environments by pressing Escape usually cancels or aborts the current operation. It adds a control unit which controls the steering wheel and vehicle rotation around the vertical axis of the vehicle.
Yep, this is a computer forum. Smart*ss ESC=elecotronic speed controller in the radio controlled vehicles/airplanes/heli/boating world.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Default esc

i always go higher then i need to just to be on the safe side on esc's i like this seaking 180amp esc from offshoreelectrics.com or kentec ...tryed to give ya a link but this site seems to think u need a few hundred posts before u are good enough to post links ...sorry
Old 05-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

castle creations hydra 240hv brand new in the box 275$ shipped usps priority with delivery confirmation to the lower 48. i only take paypal . " THE PRICE IS FIRM" it is PRICED TO SELL I WILL NOT NEGOTIATE AT THIS PRICE. E. . . FOR FASTEST RESPONCE EMAIL ME AT [email][email protected] " NOT REFERBS, NEW " WITH PAPERWORK IN THE BOX
this is a 500$ speed controller
Old 05-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Rookie

The Turnigy 180A (also under the Seaking brand), should be fine. Just keep in mind that if you run a 2s setup, you may need to turn off the low voltage cutoff. Very good throttle response and overall not a lot of issues. At a price almost $.50 an amp, not a bad deal. Be careful of older used versions as some have issues. Anything within the last year and a half is good to go.

You can also read more on OSE. Apparently I can't post URLs until I hit a certain post count. Go to forums.offshoreelectrics.com
Old 05-31-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

The Seaking esc is made by Hobbywing. They are very reliable and high quality. I use myself a 60a Xerun in my 1/10 tamiya Avante and a Speedpassion Arrow II (made by Hobbywing) in my 1/8 buggy