Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
Best large scale DEEP VEE? YOur opinions. >

Best large scale DEEP VEE? YOur opinions.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best large scale DEEP VEE? YOur opinions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Best large scale DEEP VEE? YOur opinions.

Im looking for a boat to screw with during the summer months here in PA. I was looking at the larger 40inch plus boats with the gasoline fueled twostroke engines, i'm interested in getting one, but i dont know what to get, btw i'd proly get ARR because i have a spektrum dx3s already to use in it, and i have servos, and reciever batterys to use, so all im looking to get is a sweet boat with an engine, in a deep vee hull design, because its windy here, and the water is choppy.

So if you guys could,please give me your opinion on what boat i should get.
Thanks,
Lance
Old 05-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default What boat to get?

I have been running WareHouse Hobbies Enforcer boats and in my opinion they are the best of the best. www.whobbies.com is the site to check out, they have all different types of boats for different types of water and they also have a nice selection of motors and mods for them. They have been around for a long time and hand make every boat they have and they also custom build motors and do dyno runs on them so you know what you are getting. One of my boats is around 8 years old and is still in mint condition and I have had no issues at all with it, EVER. Mine has a 23cc Zenoah gas motor with some small mods and runs about 45mph, I am in the process of getting the Upbore kit to make it a 26cc motor so I can break past the 50mph mark. It is also water cooled and I can run it for close to an hour and it never gets to hot or stalls out. It is also 46in long and close to 15in wide so it is plenty big and it rocks on smooth water and also handles well in rougher water. Also I would do a little research on the Spectrum radios, when I was looking for a radio system for one of my boats I read that the Spectrum radios had issues with the signal bouncing off the water and would cause a losed signal to the boat. I ended up getting the Futaba 2.4 system and it works great, I also have an older Futaba FM system that works great and only cost me 50 bucks. Just wanted to let you know about the signal issues when using the Spectrum radios on water. If you want any pictures of my boat to get an idea of what one looks like after 8 years let me know.

--John
Old 05-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wheels4
I have been running WareHouse Hobbies is the site to check out, they have all different types of boats for different types of water and they also have a nice selection of motors and mods for them. They have been around for a long time and hand make every boat they have and they also custom build motors and do dyno runs on them so you know what you are getting. One of my boats is around 8 years old and is still in mint condition and I have had no issues at all with it, EVER. Mine has a 23cc Zenoah gas motor with some small mods and runs about 45mph, I am in the process of getting the Upbore kit to make it a 26cc motor so I can break past the 50mph mark. It is also water cooled and I can run it for close to an hour and it never gets to hot or stalls out. It is also 46in long and close to 15in wide so it is plenty big and it rocks on smooth water and also handles well in rougher water. Also I would do a little research on the Spectrum radios, when I was looking for a radio system for one of my boats I read that the Spectrum radios had issues with the signal bouncing off the water and would cause a losed signal to the boat. I ended up getting the Futaba 2.4 system and it works great, I also have an older Futaba FM system that works great and only cost me 50 bucks. Just wanted to let you know about the signal issues when using the Spectrum radios on water. If you want any pictures of my boat to get an idea of what one looks like after 8 years let me know.

--John

Dude thanks 4 the great reply and info, pics would be great. thanks,
lance
Old 10-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Contact Tony of WHH and tell him what your plan and budget is. He will set you up. He is an honest man.

You can check out the enforcer boats on you tube or follow the link under my signature on big boats.

The link is not live yet as I am a new member here so will need to copy and paste the link onto your browser to get to it.