Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
Just got a Vegas Deuce and have ?'s >

Just got a Vegas Deuce and have ?'s

Just got a Vegas Deuce and have ?'s

Old 05-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Just got a Vegas Deuce and have ?'s

Sup everyone, I just got a Vegas Deuce and I have a few questions.

1.) it says to run between 30-50% nitro but not car fuel... I'm assuming they mean Plane fuel? Any recommendations?

2.) What are some of tips you guys can give me to perhaps save me some time and effort? This is my first hydroplane, so I'm not sure what to expect... We have a Nitro vee that we have been tinkering with, but its been running solid and there's not much to it...

3.) Anything I should be careful of? I read the manual, so outside of that, anything that I may need to pay extra attention to.

Thanks in advance... I'm looking forward to running this badboy this weekend after I pick up some fuel on Saturday...
Old 05-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

remove driveshaft and prop and verify bushing in strut is nice and tight. My bushing failed the first weekend because it walked out of strut and spun inside of strut. Next bushing is getting loctited in strut. Doublecheck all screws and I would go ahead and replace fuel tank screws with a lttle bigger ones as they will vibrate out over and over with stock screws. You also may want to run a tie wrap around fuel filler door to keep shut when running or you will chase engine tune. Hope this helps and this is a very fun boat
Old 05-21-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey thanks allot man... I'm just curious, what fuel are you running? I'm assuming airplane 30%, because it says specifically not to use car fuel...
Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RevAshley
Hey thanks allot man... I'm just curious, what fuel are you running? I'm assuming airplane 30%, because it says specifically not to use car fuel...
There is Boat/Marine specific fuels, check out tower for O'donnell's fuel. The Boat fuel has more oil than buggy and airplane fuel due to the presence of water.

Later
Mike
Old 05-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Some guys in the local club have had problems with the screws stripping out on the radio box. pick up some square wood stock and glue it in the corners of the radio box and use bigger screws.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the tips guys... I ended up grabbing the O'donnells 30% boat fuel from the LHS..

I must say, this boat is REALLY badass... My pops and I had so much fun running it... here was a quick pass

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Anyway, this boat was an absolute steal... Just thought I'd put it out there for anyone who was looking to buy one... Very cool boat, especially for those new to marine R.C.