Search

Box Stock Racing Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Box Stock Racing Club

Me and a few friends are talking about starting a boat "racing" league (basically BBQ, drink a few soda's and run RC Boats). We have a good sized subdivision lake to run in and we were thinking of all buying the same boat and running them "box stock" so no one would sink a bunch of money upgrading. I have a lot of RC Car/Truck/Racing experience, but the other guys do not have much if any and none of us have driven a boat.

I was wondering about recommendations for a good RTR package. We are looking for enough speed to satisfy, but are more interested in stability and ease of driving (or at least a good balance of speed and stability). I've looked a bit at the SuperVee 27, UL-1 Superior (both may be too fast and the UL-1 appears prone to flipping easy if you're not careful), or the Traxxas Villain EX. We are open to other suggestions, but also want a boat that has good parts availability. Wrenching isn't a problem as we are all pretty mechanically inclined.

Everyone will run NIMH. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Aquacraft Rio EP would be perfect I would think. Its not too fast, but fast enough to have fun, and it is very difficult to flip (I've never flipped mine). It comes with everything except a battery and charger.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

PROBOAT FASTECH, ULL B HAPPY IN EVRY WAY!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
The Aquacraft Rio EP would be perfect I would think. Its not too fast, but fast enough to have fun, and it is very difficult to flip (I've never flipped mine). It comes with everything except a battery and charger.
That all depends on what you do to it I just dropped my Tekin RS and Novak 10.5 motor into mine and i've rolled it over on it's back twice. I'm thinkin that this just isn't the set up for it
Old 05-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Ul-1's racing would be a blast, I've run mine for 2 years and never flipped or even blown over. Remember it's right turn only!