R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating

Old 12-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Arrow Shark 47 Flying Dragon

Does anybody have experience with Arrow Shark boats? I just got one almost free. It was an unfinished project, and had been kicking around in the guy's garage for a couple years. The hull hasn't even been drilled yet. I have the Zenoh 26 engine and some of the rigging, but some things have been misplaced over the years.

Should I look for the rigging parts that were designed for this boat or buy aftermarket pieces? This will be my first RC boat so I'm not sure exactly how to procede.
Current Toys: 1990 RC10 Gold Pan buggy, 1991 RC10 Team Buggy, AE TC3, Diggity Designs XLR8, Tamiya TRF 415, Losi Mini Late Model, Losi Mini Slider, AE RC18MT, 2 Jammin X1X CR's, 2 Jammin X1 CRT Pro's, HPI Savage XL, Revo Platinum, Jammin X2 CR Electric Conversion, 4X2 Slash, 4X4 Slash, Losi Comp Crawler, Arrow Shark 47" Boat, Blade 400 Heli, Blade CX3
CaptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:32 AM   #2
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
Does anybody have experience with Arrow Shark boats? I just got one almost free. It was an unfinished project, and had been kicking around in the guy's garage for a couple years. The hull hasn't even been drilled yet. I have the Zenoh 26 engine and some of the rigging, but some things have been misplaced over the years.

Should I look for the rigging parts that were designed for this boat or buy aftermarket pieces? This will be my first RC boat so I'm not sure exactly how to procede.
I had one of these,fitted with Bonzi hardware,ran fantastic,just make sure you get the placement of the motor,rudder and trim tabs right and you won't go far wrong,also use a fuel bag,not a hard tank and place it in front of the motor,happy boating.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Arrow Shark to my opinion makes good boats including their hardware and yes clone engines too. Your choices are many when it comes to hardware. You can choose to get a complete package from arrowshark.com, Warehousehobbies.com, or topsecretboats.com.

If this is going to be a sport boat (not raced) then buy a WHH clutch for it so you can putt around the pond if you choose to do so. If you are going to race it then loose the clutch to save weight.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if your looking for a fun boat they are okay. If you want to race then stay away. You can buy a great ARTR second hand that would eat an arrow shark on the water. JMO