Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default is this one a good boat

not sure between dv 27 our this one ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/32-deep-vee-ARTR...#ht_5475wt_939
Old 11-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, that is a VERY good boat!!! I know Johnny and he makes very fast hulls. This one is definetely worth to buy, all you have to do is put radio gear and a 4S(2X7.4V put in series)) lipo in it and have a blast!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

okay thx! but i'm a bit confuse about which one..so 27¨ or 32¨..i'm new to rc boat so..is it okay my M11 radio for driving boat? i need something going fast..so will the 27 be faster than the 32..so..at least..which one do you recommend to me?! thx!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I see this again and again and again and again. . .

A new boater, wants to get a boat and usually buys something to go "fast". Usually the pick is the prettiest hull or even hardware. Sure that boat probably is a good buy and is a go fast boat. A guy in Chattenooga felt that way bought a faster boat and sunk it his 1st voyage. He did have some experience in boating.

Do yourself a favor and go for one of the Aquacraft RTR.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXMDJ4**&P=ML
or
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXWCJ1**&P=ML

The Mono will do 32-40 and hydro 38-45 MPH out of the box. Then you have part support and forums that will talk about fixes. Which is critical for new boaters. The ebay one you list probably will not have such support and is too advanced for a new boater. Sure once you run it can you trim it? Looks like it has a carbon prop, under 4 to 6s power, it will break, then what do you do?
Old 11-10-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Initiate

G'day fella's I'm new to this forum but I can tell you that the Supervee 27 is a good boat to start off with (I have one) and you can get hopups when you get a little better, check out the website for Kintecracing.
Cheers
Tony
Old 11-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

A-ko yeah thx for your advice! i'm agree with you..by now i'm shopping so i'll give a chek to the aquacraft..thx
Old 11-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

HEY I HAVE 2 SV27'S FOR SALE ON THIS THREAD, JUST ADD A MOTOR ESC PACKAGE AND OFF YOU GO, MOST PEOPLE WANT TO UPGRADE FROM STOCK ANYWAYS.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mccoy
A-ko yeah thx for your advice! i'm agree with you..by now i'm shopping so i'll give a chek to the aquacraft..thx
No prob.
Boats are difficult to get into and we have not had many good entry kits to get into until Aquacraft did their thing. Make sure you tape the hatches all the way and get yourself a cheap fishing reel with a ball at the end (with a little weight in it) so you can retrieve a potential stopped boat, it does happen, one way or another.

If you are near Toronto, they have a club in the area.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:48 PM
DLM

Default good boat

Retiring from this posting.

Last edited by DLM; 11-17-2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Above.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A-Ko
No prob.
Boats are difficult to get into and we have not had many good entry kits to get into until Aquacraft did their thing. Make sure you tape the hatches all the way and get yourself a cheap fishing reel with a ball at the end (with a little weight in it) so you can retrieve a potential stopped boat, it does happen, one way or another.

If you are near Toronto, they have a club in the area.
So you are with Aquacraft? It is not allowed to sell yourself or the company you work here in this forum!
I agree boating is more difficult than cars but there are always fellowboaters to help whether you run a plastic entry level hull or a competitive hull like the ones in the first post,
Old 11-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
So you are with Aquacraft? It is not allowed to sell yourself or the company you work here in this forum! ,
Now thats funny!
If I did work for them, wouldn't you think I would put it in my Avatar or Signature something pointing to that fact? No commission for me.

I agree boating is more difficult than cars but there are always fellowboaters to help whether you run a plastic entry level hull or a competitive hull like the ones in the first post,
I don't miss the years of MRP Miss Budweiser or Mr Pringles being the boats that people bought to mod out. Each hull had a design quirk. There is no comparison in quality and support and I applaud Aquacraft (Grimracer) for creating something to make it easier to get into the boat hobby. Especially with brushed motors fading pretty quickly into the sunset.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DLM
Delta force 26" and the Delta 29" as i've heard good reveiws. SV-27 from different forums say 27 in higher speeds , tends to flip. Also the Vac-U-Pickle that is setup right is good. The key to Pickle is weight of 6- 8 ounces at the cg.. The motor i found to my liking is the 36 50 3300mah at 7.4-18.5 volts at 60 amps but the esc should be a 80 amps. I put a 1.4 37.5 Carbon fiber prop with 2 7.4 25c 2200 lipos in parallel and it did move. Another motor is 28 45 3600mah with a 1.4 34.5mm or the 1.4 36mm on same lipo combo. The 3300 should have higher mahs as it can eat amps due to the power it has. My budget can only go so high. Have a good day!
You almost sound like Ned Schmidt, who lives in your area.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Now thats funny!
If I did work for them, wouldn't you think I would put it in my Avatar or Signature something pointing to that fact? No commission for me.

I don't miss the years of MRP Miss Budweiser or Mr Pringles being the boats that people bought to mod out. Each hull had a design quirk. There is no comparison in quality and support and I applaud Aquacraft (Grimracer) for creating something to make it easier to get into the boat hobby. Especially with brushed motors fading pretty quickly into the sunset.
The MRP boats were boats who were fun to drive but als introduced a lot of people into the boating world. Aquacraft is not the first who delivered fiberglass
hulls for starters or good quality rtr boats but they do a good job with the UL-1 hydroplane. (smilies were choosen by my kids)
Old 11-14-2009, 05:42 AM
DLM

Thumbs up good boat

Retiring from this posting.

Last edited by DLM; 11-17-2009 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Above.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

The MRP boats were boats who were fun to drive but als introduced a lot of people into the boating world. Aquacraft is not the first who delivered fiberglass
hulls for starters or good quality rtr boats but they do a good job with the UL-1 hydroplane. (smilies were choosen by my kids)
Aquacraft mainly took some of the best parts of the hobby and combined them into an affordable package. Sure there are other, maybe better packages out there. It makes my job easier in recommending a boat that new and experienced can get into that has easy support to. Plus they are in my backyard so to speak.

Originally Posted by DLM
A-Ko; so there's nothing wrong with that, knowing Ned Schmidt. He's a real nice guy and helps you boaters out with couplers and his knowledge. I'm proud to know him!! I work with bl systems and brushed systems. Now it depends what you enjoy . I don't race, but have some boats that haul the mail. That's a good complment you typed about Ned. Thank you!!! I'm alot older than Ned but he has more knowledge, which is great. I like to keep things simply as they seem to do the job. Now alot of boaters go hog wild with overpowering boats. Now boaters need to read forums as there isn't much printed info out there. My favorite is to run a brushed motor in a UFO-H2O mono with a 632 or a 1.4 34.5 Carbon Fiber prop with twin 7.4 lipos in parallel in saddle pack formation. Another is No Step 1 with same setup. Have a good day! Now there's one item and that is, this hobby keeps me out of the beer hall,LOL!! Again, thanks for the compliment on Ned! Jeff, you race at Batavia and well known, as the other Ill. boater on boat-a-holic site. ( spelling ) FORGOT, i just bought a RC-Hydros esc from Andy that he had laying around, 60 amper!
Nothing wrong with Ned at all. Well maybe one thing, he should live closer to Batavia.... I consider Ned one of my close boating friends and take an interest/respect his perspective. I think both of us share similar views on modifying boats in an affordable fashon. That is part of the fun and so is saving money. I have not had problems with beer halls, then again after college I pretty much went immediately into this hobby.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.