Wiki Posts
Search

rc shark fishing boat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default rc shark fishing boat

hi there i like to fish from the beach for sharks and huge stingrays. but going out in a kayak about 250 meters is too dangerous in a kayak. i was also considering a surf rescue boat as well, with fast motor. but that gets complicated launching from beach an may be illegal. just wondering if there were any rc boats that anybody knew about that could carry about 5lb or 2.3 kilos of bait, also plastic bag with sand in it to keep bait on sea floor also. it would need to go out about 350 meters. the surf would also be pretty rough. i found a company in south africa that has designed a proper boat for surf fishing. it can be used in rough weather. it can also operate in salt and freshwater. but it doesnt seem to launch heavier weights. this could be a great business idea for someone that is competent at building things.

the links below had w removed from each as im new member and am not really supposed to post threads till after i do few threads. thats what popped up when i tried to put full website address

this is link of company in south africa plus a video they have made.

ww.aquacat.co.za/index.htm

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=hoCjcIPZl14&feature=player_embedded

below is also a thread on same subject from another person. someone has also included some designs they are thinking about. or are currently building.

ww.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1061170

and well this link is just bit silly $5000 japanese rc boat that has fishfinder sonar on board. not suited to what i need.

ww.hobbymedia.it/1829

any ideas, or sudgestions would be apreciated.

regards brian
Old 09-17-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Rookie

the weight carrying requirement is the hard part.

We just use an overpowered 2.5m span glider to fly the bait out.

Best just to buy an old sit down jet ski for your task

good luck
Old 09-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default make it

You could make it out of an old boogie board?
Old 10-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey there thanks for the tips.

i also found out about a boat made in victoria as well my state here in australia. called the baitrunner . i had to remove letter from address as im not alowed to post links as yet.

ww.fishingmonthly.com.au/Articles/Display/2697-90-Miles-of-surf-fishing

the thing is this boat and the one made in south africa cost around 3000 or more. which is bit more than i wanted to spend on this idea. especially since i could probably loose the boat in the big surf. but i guess its still better than loosing your own life in a kayak haha. anybody else seen any other bait boats similar to these that can be used in the surf.