Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
WoooHooo!!!  New section!!!  OK Who's got RC Boats? >

WoooHooo!!! New section!!! OK Who's got RC Boats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WoooHooo!!! New section!!! OK Who's got RC Boats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

anyone looking for a boat i have boat i use to race in stock electric class district one

$50+shipping

basically need to put a motor driveshaft prop and radio equipment and you can run it.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gweed
has anyone run a ul-1? im thinking of getting one. also what are good mods to make it faster?
Gweed, I would not be afraid to buy an aquacraft boat. They always make quality merchandise.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok so the ul-1 it is so what can i do to make it faster?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

ok so the ul-1 it is so what can i do to make it faster?
Li-Po's will definitely help performance. Plus an upgraded metal prop from Octura would make a huge difference as well. I am not sure what the size of the stock prop is but judging by the size of the boat I am sure the Octura X447 would be a good starting point. Again I am not sure of the stock size, so this is just a guess, please, if I am wrong do correct me.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LIVipers
Li-Po's will definitely help performance. Plus an upgraded metal prop from Octura would make a huge difference as well. I am not sure what the size of the stock prop is but judging by the size of the boat I am sure the Octura X447 would be a good starting point. Again I am not sure of the stock size, so this is just a guess, please, if I am wrong do correct me.
whats a good motor for it? thats always a good way to get speed. can i use any 540 motor or does it have to be a marine motor

Last edited by gweed; 02-03-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yo gweed get the Brushless blackjack 27. Its better then the boat I have because you can make it just as fast in a straight line as mine with just a prop change and your lipo's.. plus it can handle the rougher water. It just doesnt turn as well. Mine turns too well and rolls sometimes.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by plack75
yo gweed get the Brushless blackjack 27. Its better then the boat I have because you can make it just as fast in a straight line as mine with just a prop change and your lipo's.. plus it can handle the rougher water. It just doesnt turn as well. Mine turns too well and rolls sometimes.
yea but the ul1 is sick
Old 02-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

whats a good motor for it? thats always a good way to get speed. can i use any 540 motor or does it have to be a marine motor
I am sure that any 540 sized sensorless brushless motor with a higher kv rating will make a difference.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

so what would be a good motor an orion or mamba, maby a neu also what would be the lowest turn or highest kv rateing i,d be able to run with the stock esc on the ul-1?
Old 02-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

so what would be a good motor an orion or mamba, maby a neu also what would be the lowest turn or highest kv rateing i,d be able to run with the stock esc on the ul-1?
That depends, did you plan on running a 2 cell Li-Po or two 2 cell Li-Po's wired in series?

I run an Ammo Motor in my Mini-C. The one I am linking is the same size as the stock motor that comes with the UL1 with 570 more RPM per volt. It should make a difference, especially if running a 4 cell a Li-Po.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLXA0&P=7

Last edited by LIVipers; 02-04-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

That depends, did you plan on running a 2 cell Li-Po or two 2 cell Li-Po's wired in series?

I run an Ammo Motor in my Mini-C. The one I am linking is the same size as the stock motor that comes with the UL1 with 570 more RPM per volt. It should make a difference, especially if running a 4 cell a Li-Po.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLXA0&P=7
thats cool.... but i'm thinking of something like a 5.5 or 8000kv. they sell a motor mount for a 540 can so i can use that one of those right? i just want the thing stupid fast. also would i have to upgrade the esc for that?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

thats cool.... but i'm thinking of something like a 5.5 or 8000kv. they sell a motor mount for a 540 can so i can use that one of those right? i just want the thing stupid fast. also would i have to upgrade the esc for that?
If you want to go stupid fast then a Mamba Max 7700kv would be your best bet. With this esc you will be able to get your speed cravings and still know that you have a good product in your boat so it doesn't just blow up while on plane. You should be able to use the 540 mount in the UL-1.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

If you want to go stupid fast then a Mamba Max 7700kv would be your best bet. With this esc you will be able to get your speed cravings and still know that you have a good product in your boat so it doesn't just blow up while on plane. You should be able to use the 540 mount in the UL-1.
perfect i'm getting 2 smc 5000 40+c lipos i'll just use those. and i'll get the mamba worst case senario i'll get the castle 240 marine esc. they are cheap like 175 or so. plus i found the boat for a really good price new so i might get it in a couple of weeks. then mod it the next week
Old 02-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

perfect i'm getting 2 smc 5000 40+c lipos i'll just use those. and i'll get the mamba worst case senario i'll get the castle 240 marine esc. they are cheap like 175 or so. plus i found the boat for a really good price new so i might get it in a couple of weeks. then mod it the next week
Sweet. I brought my boat down last friday for prisco to look at. If you want I will bring it down again this week if you want to take a look at how I have it set up. Just let me know.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Sweet. I brought my boat down last friday for prisco to look at. If you want I will bring it down again this week if you want to take a look at how I have it set up. Just let me know.
yea i saw it. it looks cool. i just need to get my lazy ass up and start working again. if you want bring it but isnt it smaller so the idea is the same but everything is diff. i was tooling around today and found this which i might do next winter

http://www.finedesignrc.com/images/h&mtplus1-8.jpg

its just a bunch of money and i want to learn the boats first. then build that 1/8 scale fine design has some nice boats

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.