R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   New Servo report card.... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/99665-new-servo-report-card.html)

NitroOB4You 01-28-2006 08:10 PM

New Servo report card....

Ok...Im not sure where to put this, since there apparently isn't an electronics thread. I figured since I run primarily nitro, this would have to do.
If any of you are looking for good deals on servos I may have found something. I know some know about these already...for those that don't...
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=15968

This servo, rated at .13/sec - 13 kg (180 Oz/In) I just recently took a gamble on and purchased two of, along with some other items. Even if a person only bought one, and paid the seemingly outrageous S/H fees, it would still cost only $50.00. Now, for the review. I installed one in my 1/8 buggy, and when it is ready, the other will be placed in my MGT. As for the first I havn't had a chance to run my buggy yet. I will tomorrow hopefully if the weather cooperates. I also plan to attend the Monster Jam in Hartford,CT next w/end, so it will get a real work out then.
First Impressions: No whining noises. Ive had some digi's that tend to produce a high pitched noise when at neutral. When in transition, however, it is very loud.Movement seems to be smooth and it is definately torque laden with no load. I will keep you all posted as I run it and we'll see how it performs and if it is durable. For the record, I once read somewhere that this is supposed to be a K.O knockoff.

NitroOB4You 01-29-2006 05:20 PM

Rain today...didn't get to run my buggy. Will post another time, when I get a chance to run it.

dakrat 01-29-2006 05:51 PM

never heard of that brand. dont skimp on a servo. buying one that will last forever is a lot better than buy 2 or more... im not saying that this servo isnt any good. "you get what u pay for".

Racing4Evo 01-31-2006 11:16 AM

Looks like OEM Futaba.

NitroOB4You 02-04-2006 09:21 PM

Ok...finally had a good chance to run my buggy today. I got the chance to hook up with a LHS and bash at the Monster Jam/Hartford Civic Center. Lemme tell ya, I put a good whoopin on this buggy. Cart wheels, high speed barrel rolls, smashing into real cars ( accident of course ) and landing 30+ FT high jumps. My buggy handled it all like a champ. Not a thing broke. As for the servo, I have to say that so far, after this one day, I am actually very impressed. I never experienced any problems with it. It seemed to operate very quickly, strong and smooth.And, for being a digi, it didn't seem to have a high current drain. I was able to run several tanks worth before needing to recharge my Rx pack. It's kind of tough to say for sure as far as absolute precision when bashing. As the warmer weather approaches and I get to race the buggy, I will continue to post comments. But so far, I am very pleased.

Nickmind 02-06-2006 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Looks like OEM Futaba.

I have to say I agree. Remember people, a lot of electric manufactures will sell there electrics devices to different vendors for banding. Meaning the manufactures are not the sellers, it is highly possible that JR, Futaba, Hitec and others are selling your servos to other company for OEM banding, and Vase Versa. The reason for this is that manufactures can sell a boat load to an OEM company, to save them from the costs of labeling, serial numbers, packaging, and tracking information. That is a lot of overhead for a lot of manufactures :eek: . They want to make a lot and sell a lot. That’s how money is made.
Same servo, different name. :nod:

It happen all the time between electrical manufactures. For example, PC monitors.