Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba r203gf vs r304sb

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default Futaba r203gf vs r304sb

Hi to everyone.which of this receiver is faster?or is the same in terms of speed except telemetry option in r304sb?
Old 08-19-2017, 01:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I'm no expert and futaba doesn't do a good job of advertising, but I can't feel a bit of difference in them. I've got several of both.

For comparison, when I use my daughters setup some of her cars have an axion 2 and some have an axion 4 and I notice a difference when I'm driving on a high traction track as I will turn into the pipe on 180's if I go from the 4 to the 2 back to back. I believe the telemetry is the only difference in the Futaba RX's so I've just started using the cheaper version as I don't use the telemetry anyway.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

Look at the Benchmark thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...m-results.html to see raw data about both receivers. I have used both and for me there is a noticeable difference. Tested on 4pls and 4PX - on the last one more obvious.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Holy crap I can’t believe there’s that much difference. I use a 4PX and I seriously don’t notice at all. It was noticeable to me between receivers with hitec but I’ve never felt it here.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

What servo do you use? Maybe servo is slow and that's why. Check servo saver if you use it. When sloppy all gains are lost.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You have to ensure that telemetry is turned off and that you are on 'Racing Mode' in order to get the really high speed feel. If you're not sure how to do those two things, just google it and you'll find the steps. It's rather easy to do, I just don't have them in front of me at the moment.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Macio4ever
Look at the Benchmark thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...m-results.html to see raw data about both receivers. I have used both and for me there is a noticeable difference. Tested on 4pls and 4PX - on the last one more obvious.
So glad I upgraded from the GT3B to the 4PLS. Should have way more smiles and less head scratching at the track now. Should have done this a long time ago. this is great data, thanks for sharing.