Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

LapMonitor Lap Timer

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 05:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default LapMonitor Lap Timer

Here's a thread for the LapMonitor lap timer. I bought one after seeing a local racer using one in the UK.

http://www.lapmonitor.com

I've used it a couple of times so far, with the iOS app (Android also available) it worked really well. Easy to install and setup, brilliant if you have access to a track but no timing available. Having my lap times read out as I passed the sensor through the app was great, it's feedback I've never had when practising before.
gfranck likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up LapMonitor is awesome

Purchased a lap monitor and this thing is awesome. It's similar to the old Orion transponder system because it registers lap times, but this thing is updated to 2017 specs that allow audio via Bluetooth and the ability to view lap times like the AMB system from your phone. Audio through my phone was okay since my buddies were relaying the lap times, but it might be best to use headphones for nitro.

This is probably one of the best driving accessories out there if you want to change your lines and know if that approach was faster or not. It's also good to know how consistent you are and figure out the limit of your setup and find out what happens to your time if you push too much.

Setup was pretty simple, I have it connected to my android phone and so far no issues. When we tested it at HotRod Hobbies, I had the lapmonitor approx up to 4 ft from the transponder and it registered each time. You can power the transponder through your receiver or from an external power source. For my first outing, I used an external battery and cut out a piece of carbon fiber so I have a base that is velcroed to the window. If you create a mounting base, I suggest using double sided tape on the battery opposed to velcro since it was dangling after every other run or so.

That being said, wish I had this in my early days of RC.

gfranck likes this.

Last edited by Glen Gregorio; 06-07-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Solutions like this come and go from time to time. I guess my big question would be able the availability and future roadmap.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hanulec
Solutions like this come and go from time to time. I guess my big question would be able the availability and future roadmap.
It is already available on lapmonitor.com website. Our roadmap is to keep on providing an easy to use, accurate lap timer for practice and multi-user races in your backyard track or within a club

Franck
LapMonitor developper
Old 07-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,

Here is a quick demo video of LapMonitor app

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Franck

Last edited by gfranck; 12-30-2017 at 03:04 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:46 PM
Tech Initiate

LapMonitor apps are now free to download on Playstore and Appstore
Old 09-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

LapMonitor apps are now free to download on Playstore and Appstore

For Iphone/Ipad:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lapmonitor/id1210499975

For Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yfx.lapmonitor

Franck
--------------------------------
https://lapmonitor.com

Last edited by gfranck; 09-18-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Bumping this up, as it is relevant to all the current club racing going on, and is a great alternative to MYLAPS!!!
Old 04-14-2019, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm looking to pickup this system soon, looks great!
GhenzZ likes this.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedworks
I'm looking to pickup this system soon, looks great!
Ive been using this system for quite a while now, and honestly it's one of the best timing system out there, easy to use.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GhenzZ
Ive been using this system for quite a while now, and honestly it's one of the best timing system out there, easy to use.
Glad to hear that, any issues with sun light causing missed laps? Are you able to adjust how sensitive the IR is on the lap counter?
Old 04-20-2019, 11:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by speedworks
Glad to hear that, any issues with sun light causing missed laps? Are you able to adjust how sensitive the IR is on the lap counter?
LapMonitor is successfully used in Turkey to time 1:8 nitro and brushless national championship and it is a very sunny country
Sun can slightly reduce the range (mainly if facing sun at sunset or sunrise) but it works well under sunny conditions
If you notice any miss lap, you can easily change LapMonitor location on the track to keep on getting good detection as LapMonitor has a long bluetooth range

Last edited by gfranck; 04-21-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just ordered one of these systems and am so stoked to have them for our practice days! All the tracks we practice at locally in the Pacific Northwest don't have lap timing systems, so this rad little system should really take things to the next level
Old 05-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

You won't be disappointed with this timer. It's so helpful on the track, I use it to manage a Mini M05 series. Everyone is happy with it
gfranck likes this.

Last edited by GhenzZ; 05-17-2019 at 02:14 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

You won't be disappointed with this timer. It's so hopeful on the track, I use it to manage a Mini M05 series. Everyone is happy with it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.