Wiki Posts
Search

Sanwa Li-Fe radio battery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Default Sanwa Li-Fe radio battery?

So this battery came with my M12s and I've had it for just a few runs. It came with a basic wall charger and I charged it the day I got it. I put it on my reedy 1216 charger today at the right setting and it charged for only 5 mins or so. I put it on my hitec battery checker and it's only coming at 8% charged. So I put it back on the wall charger it came with and it immediately went to green. Checked it again and it's on 4%? Maybe these lips checkers don't pick up life packs? Put in the radio and it slowly dipped down to 6.8v. So it's bad or the checker doesn't pick up li-fe batteries? Seems fine other then the percentage.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's a Sanwa M12S thread

Never used the wall charger with the Sanwa M12S because I always use my table top 12V charger. Need to make sure that the chemistry is set to LiFe! If it's set to LiPo you are very likely to damage the battery.

LiFe nominal voltage is 3.3V and fully charged is 3.6V. If a LiFe cell goes past 3.6V you'll be toasting it.

6.8V in the TX is fine.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
There's a Sanwa M12S thread

Never used the wall charger with the Sanwa M12S because I always use my table top 12V charger. Need to make sure that the chemistry is set to LiFe! If it's set to LiPo you are very likely to damage the battery.

LiFe nominal voltage is 3.3V and fully charged is 3.6V. If a LiFe cell goes past 3.6V you'll be toasting it.

6.8V in the TX is fine.
Waganbumba is right . I also have the Sanwa Li-Fe and never use the wall charger since it does not do a correct balance charge of the battery. On my charger (I never charge above 1.8 Amp for this Life pack) when the battery is full it goes to 7.2 but will rapidly decline in voltage once in the remote but will give you a fair amount of usage throughout the day.It will stay a long time a 6.6 volt which is fine. Never had any issue with it since I got it (1 year)