Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 09:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tekin

I took a break form surface RC some years back when I became addicted to 3D flight, but now I'm starting to go to an indoor carpet track regularly. My last buggy, which I still have, has an RX8 T8 1900kv system. I now have a RX8 gen 2 and Pro 4 hd in a SCTE and another RSX /redline 8T on the way for a XB2.
On my old 808E buggy I used the supplied wires from Tekin, but when I set up my SCTE I used 10 gauge wire, thinking since it's a 2s set up it would be pulling higher amps over the 4s on my 1/8 buggy. Is this overkill and not necessary? It's already done, but the reason I ask is because I have the RSX in route and was thinking I should use something a little smaller, maybe 13 gauge? or just use the supplied one if it comes with it.

Also I like the adjustable BEC and VC of the Gen2. I was looking at some set up sheets and I noticed they aren't using higher BEC settings. I imagined everyone would be using HV servos these days racing. Also, and this question stems from years flying, why are the Team Tekin racers setting their LVC at 3.2? I know flying I didn't use LVC because I'd rather damage packs in lieu of crashing if I hit a LVC, but I tried to come down when my packs reached 3.8 because any less was abusing the packs and reducing pack life.