Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
1/8 Buggy Motor Preference >

1/8 Buggy Motor Preference

1/8 Buggy Motor Preference

Old 02-20-2017, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default 1/8 Buggy Motor Preference

Looking for feedback on 1900Kv 1/8 Buggy motors, I'm in the market for a new one and am torn between the Tekin Gen2, Maclan & SMC motors. The SMC is definitely the best bargain and the Tekin is solid, but I'm curious about the Maclan...

Feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suzukipro
Looking for feedback on 1900Kv 1/8 Buggy motors, I'm in the market for a new one and am torn between the Tekin Gen2, Maclan & SMC motors. The SMC is definitely the best bargain and the Tekin is solid, but I'm curious about the Maclan...

Feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
I've only owned Maclan for a month or so but I have two motors and an ESC from them and they have all been solid so far. But I do also have an SMC motor on my superlite buggy and it surprised me with how well and cool it runs for the price. I've owned Tekin in the past and they've been great too but sometimes I feel the price isn't worth it with all the other options.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had a Tekin Gen 1 motor. It broke and I replaced it with a SMC. I cannot tell the difference in performance.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
I had a Tekin Gen 1 motor. It broke and I replaced it with a SMC. I cannot tell the difference in performance.
I am still running a Gen 1 and am considering the 3 motors mentioned above, really wondering if there is a noticeable difference with the Maclan Vs the Tekin, weight seems to be the only major difference I am aware of though.