Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Muchmore Fleta ZX-W vs LRP X20

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Muchmore Fleta ZX-W vs LRP X20

Hello. How does the Muchmore Fleta ZX-W compare to the LRP X20? More specifically 17.5T. I haven't found any official specs to the Fleta ZX, so I don't know how the motors compare on paper. I am using the Muchmore Fleta Euro. In 17.5 I will be using max 4.0 ratio, I also race 21.5 with the Muchmore Fleta ZX-W 21.5T FTT, which is spec (for FinTrack Touring TSS-10 with the Fleta Euro).
Old 12-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The Muchmore Motors are comparable in general to the Reedy Mach 2. That is, I wouldn't use either them or the LRP in a 17.5 class today, there are so many other 17.5 motors out there much faster. Unless your only two choices for a 17.5 motor as per the rules for a really spec, spec class are between the MM and LRP, take a look at a Motive, R-1, Trinity, Schurrspeed or even Tekin, etc., for something much better.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MarkA
The Muchmore Motors are comparable in general to the Reedy Mach 2. That is, I wouldn't use either them or the LRP in a 17.5 class today, there are so many other 17.5 motors out there much faster. Unless your only two choices for a 17.5 motor as per the rules for a really spec, spec class are between the MM and LRP, take a look at a Motive, R-1, Trinity, Schurrspeed or even Tekin, etc., for something much better.
The reason why I thought of the MM, was because I presumed it would work best with the MM ESC. The LRP because I previously had an LRP and it was quite good. Our motors must be listed in the ROAR or EFRA motorlist. How are the Hobbywing motors?
Old 12-04-2016, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA
My 17.5 LRP X20 pulls a Motive down the back straight in 1/12th scale.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YellowClip
The reason why I thought of the MM, was because I presumed it would work best with the MM ESC. The LRP because I previously had an LRP and it was quite good. Our motors must be listed in the ROAR or EFRA motorlist. How are the Hobbywing motors?
You can mix and match motor and ESC and have them work well. Almost none of the brands I listed makes ESC's and motors, just motors. The HW aren't bad but again, the specialty companies that specialize in spec-class motors are the ones that over a large sample size will be the faster ones.