Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
iCharger 306B - single port 30A : anyone using this charger? >

iCharger 306B - single port 30A : anyone using this charger?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iCharger 306B - single port 30A : anyone using this charger?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUNA

It's an awesome charger!
I use a parallel board with it...charging 4 packs at once in no time!

Unlike the iChargers, there is also a HvLI mode. Versus the 306B (6S and 30A), the Hyperion can charge up to 8S batteries and 40amps.
Does this charger have the ability to fully adjust the end voltage? Say I only wanted to charge to 4.1 per cell; can this charger do that?
Old 09-02-2016, 06:54 AM
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUNA
Just hardware...the firmware is Hyperion's.

I have zero use for 40A discharge...but everyone's needs are different. I've been a die hard Hyperion guy for over 10 years and they have never failed me.

They are great chargers, plus there is more features once you connect the charger to the wifi module. If you get a chance, check out their PC software. Really nice too.

Progressive is a great company...I actually have an order in with them now. Should be here any day now.
The firmware looks the same to me. Once people use an icharger or a revolectrix they tend to sell their Hyperion chargers.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Scored a iCharger 206B for $70 shipped - should be good for my purpose. going from 6A to 20A charging will be really nice. thanks all.

Last edited by hsp-sandiego; 09-02-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
for whatever reason, hyperion is more popular with plane guys than car guys.
Agreed. That is how I got hooked on Hyperions...was from RC heli's. One of our LHS sells Hitec chargers on the car side and Hyperions on the heli/plane side.

Originally Posted by SH
Once people use an icharger or a revolectrix they tend to sell their Hyperion chargers.
I've had two iChargers. My 308DUO white screened. Nice charger, but I felt quality was an issue. I still have my 106B...I like its small footprint as I mainly only use it for nitro receiver packs. I've had it for quite a while!

I've never tried Revolectrix/FMA. They seem like great chargers though.

I guess it boils down to personal preferences and needs. I'm not someone who needs to discharge a pack with an 40A APEX RC bank. There are people that do though. I wanted HvLI functions, minimum 8S, at least 1000W, and the wifi thing looked cool to try...plus all my gear is Hyperion so I didn't want to re-invest into new boards, etc. I've had good luck with Hyperions. This is probably my 6th Hyperion...and I still have and use my Hyperion DUO which has been rock solid!

Originally Posted by hsp-sandiego
Scored a iCharger 206B for $70 shipped - should be good for my purpose. going from 6A to 20A charging will be really nice. thanks all.
Thumbs up!