Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cleaning up wiring - Cable Sleeving ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Cleaning up wiring - Cable Sleeving ?

Curious if anyone is using expandable cable sleeving to clean up wiring on the cars, trucks, etc... as opposed to shortening wires and to hide.

thanks.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

I have seen heat shrink used in the past. I'm sure the cable sleeves would look nice too.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

heat shrink is your friend
Old 08-22-2016, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LOW ET
heat shrink is your friend
I have tried some heat shrink and it is not really flexible... maybe there is some more quality heat shrink available. thanks.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

what wires do you need flexible? what wires are you trying to hide?
Old 08-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

just servo and esc wires to receiver. thanks. the few savox servos i have use long and pretty beefy gauge wire. I should probably splurge for the splicing kit. cut,splice, new ends.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hsp-sandiego
just servo and esc wires to receiver. thanks. the few savox servos i have use long and pretty beefy gauge wire. I should probably splurge for the splicing kit. cut,splice, new ends.
You gonna race it or enter a Beauty Contest? Don't worry about wiring looks. Shoot for performance/handling!!!
Old 08-22-2016, 11:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
You gonna race it or enter a Beauty Contest? Don't worry about wiring looks. Shoot for performance/handling!!!
Each to its own. Some couldnt give 2 Fs about their wiring and doesnt care if their wiring look like a bird's nest as long as it drives. Some would want their to at least clean up the wiring so its easier on the eye and helps with diagnosing problem. If he wants to clean up his wiring then let him. Its part of the hobby.

This is what I did to shorten the wires or to hide it as best as I can. I bundled up the servo wire and use heat shrink tubing to constrict it so its easier to tuck between the receiver. Ive also shortened the ESC lead so its cleaner looking and dont have a clump of wire floating around

Old 08-23-2016, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by disaster999
Each to its own. Some couldnt give 2 Fs about their wiring and doesnt care if their wiring look like a bird's nest as long as it drives.
hah - actually my wiring is about this clean. guys at our track get pretty crazy about ultra clean wiring. newbies, not so much.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Yeah, I could clean it up a bit more if I had more time, shorten the servo wire instead of shrink wrapping it.

Not sure if you heard of imarky here, but he does crazy wiring on his offroad to the point it was almost "wireless"
Old 08-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Each to its own. Some couldnt give 2 Fs about their wiring and doesnt care if their wiring look like a bird's nest as long as it drives. Some would want their to at least clean up the wiring so its easier on the eye and helps with diagnosing problem. If he wants to clean up his wiring then let him. Its part of the hobby.

This is what I did to shorten the wires or to hide it as best as I can. I bundled up the servo wire and use heat shrink tubing to constrict it so its easier to tuck between the receiver. Ive also shortened the ESC lead so its cleaner looking and dont have a clump of wire floating around

I need to up my wiring game!
Old 08-24-2016, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I could clean it up a bit more if I had more time, shorten the servo wire instead of shrink wrapping it.

Not sure if you heard of imarky here, but he does crazy wiring on his offroad to the point it was almost "wireless"
I have and they look great! It might be the same that runs at SDRC - I know some guys get their cars wired by him. Hansens Hobbies wiring kit is sweet - a little pricey, but would be great to have.